*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845874-The-proper-care-that-he-needed
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#845874 added April 5, 2015 at 9:08am
Restrictions: None
The proper care that he needed...
Maybe its not too late to say Happy Easter to everyone?

This YouTube video was shared on Facebook- a greeting sent from Lyubov Sirota. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyubov_Sirota)



When we write, are we providers of answers to questions? Is that what we do? Do you see yourself in that light?

Are all books, even fiction, really just questions with answers? Isn't that what conflict is? Like a physical argument? Right force against wrong counter force?

Is everything that is written, if it was able to be summarised, or boiled down, into its most elementary form, just words creating an entity of good against an entity of evil?

Or do we just write for no reason, except to express our pain, the pain of others, a demonstration of our understanding of other's struggles?

The following video is potentially polarising and you'd be hard pressed to write a story like it, and people believe it was true. There is no happy ending except one thing pulls the whole sorry episode back from the brink.

For a person to forgive someone for murdering someone they loved dearly, there has to be compelling reasons, human compassion, and the awareness of that scourge, that whirlpool we can all be dragged into, called anonymity.

Who is really accountable?



I repeat. Who is really accountable?

Isn't it us, the writers of this world we live in right now?

As the moments tick by, isn't it up to us to do what journalists claim to do, and clearly do a lot of the time; telling the story of events that it might benefit others.

Not that its a NEWS story. But this could save lives and bring more accountability to the faceless, distant, unreachable, controlling people who may not deliberately set out to cause harm to others, but nevertheless don't lift a finger to right the wrong. They don't listen to what they should.

I have been guilty recently of weighing up an impossible situation with my own fatigue, exhaustion, lack of motivation, anxiety; whatever you want to call it, I went ahead and while not taking the easy way out, there is more I could have done.

I could have listened. I could have gone further. I should have dug my heels in and stood up for myself.

When a situation is impossible, and basically FUBAR ("Fouled" up beyond all recognition) *Wink* then that is the time its up to me to toughen up my self discipline.

Next time, I tell myself. Next time I'll be ready for it. Sometimes we have to realise we all probably have some of this post traumatic thing happening in our heads. Yes. All of us.

But whether we do or not, we can look on the things that happen to others in a different light, from a different perspective, and maybe not be so quick to judge.

That's what the ladies in the 48-hour mystery video did. They saw both sides of a sad and impossible situation. And they did something that released everyone involved from bitterness and sorrow. (Apart from the grief of loss)

Its not just words. You can see it when they weep.

They forgave.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845874-The-proper-care-that-he-needed