*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846461-Fun-In-2015-people-still-have-it---even-if-they-feel-ADHD
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#846461 added April 10, 2015 at 8:25am
Restrictions: None
Fun. In 2015, people still have it - even if they feel ADHD.
Fun:

Invalid Photo #1039385 Invalid Photo #1039387

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fun?s=t

"noun
1.
something that provides mirth or amusement:
A picnic would be fun.
2.
enjoyment or playfulness:
She's full of fun.
verb (used without object), verb (used with object), funned, funning
3.
Informal. joke; kid.
adjective, funner, funnest.
4.
Informal. of or relating to fun, especially to social fun:
a fun thing to do; really a fun person; the funnest game.
5.
Informal. whimsical; flamboyant:
The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.
Idioms
6.
for /in fun, as a joke; not seriously; playfully:
His insults were only in fun.
7.
like fun, Informal. certainly not; of doubtful truth:
He told us that he finished the exam in an hour. Like fun he did!
8.
make fun of, to make the object of ridicule; deride:
The youngsters made fun of their teacher."


Fun with Words - their meanings. We can find a lot of story ideas and writing material in the strangest places, such as job adverts, street signs, or even sales brochures.

Job advertisement - Seek.com

This business is well established and highly regarded as a registered surveying and civil structural engineering firm. They we are currently looking for an ambitious Survey Technician to join a team of 30+ professionals involved in a wide range of residential and commercial projects.

This role will be servicing clients on the NSW Central Coast, so applicants ideally need to be living in the Newcastle or Gosford regions.
QUESTIONS:
Are you a Survey Technician looking to progress your professional career and want to develop your land surveying skills?
Do you have some prior experience leading Survey parties?
Do you enjoy working outdoors, meeting with clients, and managing your time and project deliverables?
Are you outcome oriented and a self-starter?
Would you like to be mentored by experienced senior registered surveyors?
Do you have Australian topographic and cadastral experience?
Ideally, you will have a minimum of at least 3 years experience land surveying within NSW, but if you don't and have just completed the TAFE course or uni we're still interested to hear from you as in this job you'll get training! Some Australian surveying credentials are essential.
This role consists of the following tasks and responsibilities:
Topographic field work
Cadastral field work
Liaising with clients, supervisors and suppliers
Take responsibility for project deliverables
Manage your time based on assigned projects
Along with excellent mentoring and opportunities for career development, you will be exposed to some of the latest equipment including robotic technology.


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cadastre

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cadastral?s=t


Fun with Dictionaries and Thesauruses.

Type your pets name in and then click on the audio button so that the computer calls your pets name out loud. This is a happy memory of our dog Honey.
I also tried, I have to confess, typing in the odd profanity so my wife would be annoyed. But it wasn't me saying it, was it? *Pthb*

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

http://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/


Fun writing calligraphy




Fun with guns. Yes. This is some people's definition of fun..(?) Watch with caution.

Perhaps when the accident happens during such frivolity and jollity, the smack up the chops and painful injury that occurs is appropriate Karma.
No wonder people are killed. And it so often happens with "unloaded / empty" firearms.




Fun with steel wool




Fun with questions & facts before Google

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/before-google-search-there-was-the-lib...

And last but not least...

Fun with tiny houses.
If you don't have time to watch the other videos, do yourself a favour and watch this one right through to the end.
This guy, Derek Diedricksen is just so awesome, and the world needs more people like him. I'm thinking, no wonder he was asked to speak to a group at M.I.T. Yes, he's old fashioned and a little ADD, but the world is not so grey and depressing with him in it.

His middle name must be fun. And its the same with Kirsten Dirksen, the lady who films all these tiny houses and other planet saving type stuff.
We may not all be extreme green, but we all love fun.



Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846461-Fun-In-2015-people-still-have-it---even-if-they-feel-ADHD