*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846954-Writer-Yes-YOU-Are-you-considering-giving-up-your-dream
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#846954 added April 15, 2015 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Writer. Yes, YOU. Are you considering giving up your dream?
"I've had some weird dreams." Isn't that what Doctor Martin Luther King said?

No. He didn't say that. As you know.

But a few people have said this to me in the last few months. For some reason, I've been the target of sleep disturbed folks wanting to regale me with their pre-waking woes, their perplexity and dismay meant to elicit a parcel of greybeard-on-the-hill wisdom from me, but my head is jam packed with enough weirdness in waking hours. No need to add in the night time, as well as other people's spiralling imagination chaos.

A google search of Martin Luther King's famous lines brought 497,000,000 hits in .33 of a second.

A search of Writing down your dreams drummed up this link.

http://www.actionforhappiness.org/take-action/write-down-your-dreams-for-the-fut...

Dreams continued on from childhood.



Ever heard of a Garnier Limb?

Garnier Limb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treehouse_attachment_bolt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_house

Results of random people's dreams. Singing. Perpetual motion. Free energy. Space exploration. Writing a Best Seller? Yes. That's definitely one.









As we get older, we may run out of time to realise our dreams. Even publishing a book. But you know, there are those who continue to pursue. They persist, stubbornly, or passionately, in which case they probably don't consciously realise they are pursuing, but they just enjoy what they are doing so much that the dream is the audience.

They don't care about the audience.

Some people dream, and they must, they MUST know that it will never come to anything. But they still try. Maybe they never learn't to do anything properly either.



And then...then there is Natalie. Her dream is realised to her. Now it's just up to the world to get with it, catch up, and recognise what has been there all along. Perhaps her notes have been cast before swine and not noticed before.

Natalie, ohhhhhh Natalie.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1557578/natalie-trayling-piano-musician/

http://www.smh.com.au/national/virtuoso-has-grand-plan-to-soothe-the-city-street...



We were staying in the Grand Chancelor Motel in Hobart Tasmania, attending a Tupperware conference, when we first heard Natalie play the piano. She made the grand piano, in the motel foyer, talk. Her fingers told a story on that vibration typewriter. She slapped notes on the notebook of a faraway land of dreams.

That would have been about 1997.

Dreams can carry us along a journey that is in our heads only. No one else can live our dreams, or chase the pot of gold at the end of whatever rainbow goal we see in our future.

Don't give up fellow literary dreamers.

Not even when you're 80 years old, like Natalie Trayling, and an occupant of Accident & Emergency ward in a Melbourne hospital, or playing a Roland electric keyboard on the street being ignored by many but not all. (Chink, clink go the coinage)

Don't give up.

Natalie Trayling, and her story, makes my neck hairs stand up. I wonder if someone in a brown suit sits nearby, when she plays?

 
STATIC
Granny Mai and The Judgement Cafe   (E)
Always there, part of the furniture, but now this!
#2001421 by Sparky


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846954-Writer-Yes-YOU-Are-you-considering-giving-up-your-dream