*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847550-One-guess-what-is-urgent-to-you-First-thing-you-think-of
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#847550 added April 21, 2015 at 6:06am
Restrictions: None
One guess what is urgent to you. First thing you think of...


When you have that amazing light globe idea moment, a snippet of plot, a turning point strategy, a character's next words, the love scene's final dramatic finale, that dream that gave you goosebumps and you awoke weeping with loss, the circular pleasure / pain when the therapeutic masseuse is fixing your rotator cuff shoulder strain and wham!

You have to get that pen, keyboard, crayon, pencil stub, whatever it may be, and right that sucker down NOW. Otherwise it's gone.

You have Writer's Urgency Syndrome. Yes, it does exist. I just invented it. But like all inventions where you think you thought of the thought first, this one has also probably been thought of by Methuselah's great great great Grandfather...

(OLD TESTAMENT GENERATIONS LISTED ADAM TO MOSES

The Generations before Moses, the overlaps, the possible interactions, the...the..

Adam
lived 930 years
died 216 yrs. before the birth of Noah
Seth = Adam's 3rd son
lived 912 years
Seth knew Noah for 34 years before he died
Methuselah (4th great grandson of Seth)
lived 969 years
Methuselah knew Adam 243 years*
Methuselah knew Seth 355 years
Lemech (son of Methuselah)
lived 777 years (died before his father)
he is the father of Noah
died 5 years before the flood
Noah lived 950 years
Methuselah knew Noah 600 years and died the year of the flood
Talked with his father, Lemech 595 years
Shem son of Noah (father of all Semites)
lived 600 years
talked with Methuselah 98 years*
lived after the flood 502 years
Eber or Heber (great-grandson of Shem)
lived 464 years
knew both Noah and Shem
Terah (3 x great grandson of Eber)
lived 205 years
130 yrs old when Abraham is born
talked with both Noah and Shem
Abraham (Abram son of Terah)
lived 175 years
Abraham knew Shem son of Noah 150 years
Noah died 2 yrs. before Abraham was born
Heber outlives Abraham by 4 years
Isaac (son of Abraham and Sarah)
lived 180 years
knew Shem (son of Noah) 50 years*
Jacob (called Israel and son of Isaac and father of the 12 tribes)
lived 147 years
knew Abraham 20 years
Levi (3rd oldest son of Israel – Jacob)
knew Isaac about 45 years*
knew Amran father of Moses who was his grandson*
great grandfather of Moses
Levi passed on the oral history to his grandson Amran*
Moses (son of Amran son of Kohath son of Levi)
Lived 120 years
brother of Aaron who knew their father approx. 65 years*
Moses is commanded to write the first 5 books of the Old Testament)


Some things in life seem urgent. Your life couldn't possibly continue without these items or whatever they are.

But you know those times when you had to be forced to stop, come inside, wash your hands and sit, eat a meal?

Those times when you finally stood to your feet, knees popping, back aching, mouth dry with thirst, legs crossed in URGENT requirement of nature's call, and you saw the time on the cobwebby, dusty, welding spattered old digital clock on the workbench across from the Dawn vice, and you were shocked at the time. 3:00am was long ago, and you have to go to school today / go to work today / have to attend a funeral or wedding today, or leave for your overseas flight to timbuctoo province.

You didn't notice that time flew, because you were so engrossed in the passionate THING you do. Your favourite activity that takes you to a different, enthusiastic world where the most arduous task becomes a glory basking joy. Nothing is too much trouble, no problem insurmountable...and not many people understand the driving force.

Recently, I helped a client (Disability Support) motivate themself. Yes I know it's not a word, but some clients have multiple personalities, and I'm referring to just one. The one (personality trait) that cleans house, does the dishes, has a shower and generally behaves in a more socially acceptable and time profitable manner.

Instead of focussing on their war torn domestic situation and the stale achievement of hygiene, it was much more profitable for both of us to hint, sow seeds, gravitate, influence and generally be cautiously manipulative of them, towards the thing that stuck out a mile as being their THING. That stuff they LOVE doing. The motivating idea that gets their mind going, that challenges them, that does it for them, and makes them feel important, that makes them feel worthy, that makes them feel good about themselves, that makes them feel...

EQUAL.

How urgent is your motivation towards the goal of your dreams?

If it's non existent now, but once was strong, and if you want to get back to that joyous pinnacle of movingness, then there's one thing you have to sit down and commit to doing.

CHANGE.

If we do tomorrow what we've done today, there'll be no change.

You can't expect to have an urgent need to speed off to your career nirvana, or that, if you still grind along in some rut that has been your comfort zone the past decade.

And if you don't accept the need to change in your gut, then mate; forget trying to get motivated again. It ain't gunna happen bro. (or sis).

The decision could be something as simple as remembering to buy chocolate chip cookies, ammunition, or more coffee / tea bags.



Or resume having your novel edited, hey Winnie Kay ? *Pthb*

This urgency has sat in my GUT for a long time, long before I became a member of WDC. This urgency to get the book out of my head, onto paper, and in front of people's eyes- in their minds- to be read, to be understood, to be pondered, and to profit by that understanding, and for the reader to profit by their experience.

How URGENT is your main claim to some sort of doubtful fame, when the rain falls mainly on the plains in Spain, and you need to stop writing the Blog entry but can't contain, how to snuff out the flame of ill gotten gain, and replace it with anti-disdain?

Has anyone nutted out yet who Methuselah's great, great, great, grandfather is?

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847550-One-guess-what-is-urgent-to-you-First-thing-you-think-of