*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849466-Touring-Charleston-South-Carolina
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#849466 added May 16, 2015 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
Touring Charleston South Carolina
         This week finds me in the city where I started my life, Charleston, South Carolina.  I'm delivering a class for Santee Cooper, an Electrical/Gas Utility here in the Charleston area.  The actual class is in Monck's Corner, so I'm staying in North Charleston.  I think what I'm enjoying most is the excellent food I've had the pleasure of eating this week.  Low Country seafood, specifically Shrimp & Grits have topped my list of things to try this week.  Last night I had some of the best Shrimp & Grit's I've ever had.  Now I have to qualify that statement by saying I haven't had all that much of it, but this was special.  If you're in the area, dine at Fleet Landing.  The prices are reasonable, food and service excellent.  Another excellent place is A. W. Shucks.  If you visit there, ask for Justin, he was my server last night, and knew his menu well.

         This class is a little different from the norm for this customer.  They have a one of a kind right now with this system, but may be getting more if they upgrade, and my company gets the bid.  Only time will tell on that.  But being a one of a kind makes the delivery a little harder too, since our course materials are not designed around what they have, and we're not able to make changes that to them fast enough to support this class.  So I'm showing them what they really have vs what the course materials show.  It's close, but not exact.  You know the saying, "It's the same, just different."  *Smile*  All in all though, the class is going well, so I can't complain. 

         I haven't been too very many 'touristy' spots this week, but plan on visiting the Boone-Hall Plantation and Gardens Friday once I'm through with business. Next week I will be in Montgomery Alabama for a class before spending a couple of weeks at home.  Til then, y'all stay cool, since it's now getting warm out there. Be good, and keep on writing!

         Updating this entry.  I did visit the Boone-Hall plantation, and had a nice time there!  It is an impressive place, with just one disappointment.  The house on the plantation is not original, it was built in 1936, replacing the old one that had fallen to gross disrepair.  The entrance to the plantation looked very familiar; I thought it was from "Gone With The Wind", and in a way, I was correct.  The studio took a photo of the entry drive, then copied it to a large piece of glass.  This was then used in the film as the entrance to 12 Oaks, but the actual plantation was never used in the movie.





Review Sig for use


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849466-Touring-Charleston-South-Carolina