*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850170-Moseying-Around-Montgomery
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#850170 added May 24, 2015 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
Moseying Around Montgomery
         This past week I was in Montgomery Alabama to deliver a class.  For once, I didn't do much on the tourist side, even though there's so much history there.  I was a bit tired all week it seems, and had little energy in the evenings to go out and see things.  Would love to have visited the Rosa Parks Arrest memorial, as well as Martin Luther King's original church.  I did have some good meals of course, *Smile*  but one that wasn't so great stands out in my mind.  I had Shrimp & Grits at a decent restaurant, but it couldn't compare to the meal I had in Charleston the previous week.  Plus, the interior of this place was really odd.  It reminded me of a dining hall from the King Arthur era, but very miniaturized.  Complete with drapes that hung to the floor, allowing no light in.  Add in a VERY fake fireplace, complete with a spinning glass wheel to simulate flames, and you get the idea.  Oh, add in 4" diameter candles sitting on 4 foot tall candelabra's that had never taste the lick of flame, and it completes the image.

         My next trip will be to Barrie Ontario once again, a week from today.  Til then, y'all stay cool in the coming summer heat, enjoy the weather.  For myself, I love the weather, no matter how cold or hot.  The reason is my background.  Having spent up to 78 days in a row under water in a submarine with a controlled environment, I appreciate and love any changes in the weather.  So wind, rain, snow, hail, it's all good.  I Love it.  Take care, see you round next entry.

Review Sig for use


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850170-Moseying-Around-Montgomery