*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850999-Browsing-Around-Barrie-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#850999 added July 1, 2015 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Browsing Around Barrie, Again!
Locale:  Barrie, Ontario, about 90 Km (40 miles or so) north of Toronto, Canada


Places Visited:  Mainly restaurants.  I found  the 'Bear Creek Animal Sanctuary that sounded like it would be a really interesting place to visit. 

http://www.bearcreeksanctuary.com/main.htm

Then I found out that they didn't open until June 23rd.  I leave tomorrow.  *Frown*  I thought I'd drive past the place, so looked it up on Google maps. According to Google, it's located on the edge of a golf course!  Strange place for an animal sanctuary, but I still drove out to see where it was.  Never found it, lol.

Restaurants Dined At/Meals:

         Donaleighs Pub:  http://www.donaleighs.com/    I dined here my first time in Barrie, and loved their food. I remember their Smoked Salmon on Flatbread, and Galway Fish Tacos.  This is a nice down-home type restaurant, just the type I like to frequent.  Very good food and service.

         Milestones Grill:  http://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/    This was a new place to me, and I was really pleased with it.  Their Baked Goat Cheese and Roasted Garlic is tremendous, as was the Smoked Salmon Charcuterie.  I was so impressed with it, that I went back a second time.  I had to try their Mayan Burger.  Was not disappointed one bit.


Other Tidbits for this trip:  I didn't get out a lot this week, and should have.  The waterfront area of Barrie looks very interesting, but I found myself napping briefly after teaching all day, and would eat dinner later.  Part of this was due to the snacks we had each day.  Once again, this was a Regional Training Workshop, but not in the true sense that I've known in the past.  But in one of these types of classes, the instructor provides coffee & snacks in the morning and afternoon, as well as a catered lunch.  Thank God it's not my dime!  But I snacked more than I should all week, so will have to go back to Chicago and finally start to work out a bit so I can get rid of some weight!


         I head home to Chicago tomorrow, and will be home for three weeks (as of now) before heading off to Arizona the deliver this same class.  Til then, y'all stay cool in the coming heat.  Enjoy "Game of Thrones this month, it seems to be going like a Banshee so far.  And of course, be good, and write!


Review Sig for use


Jim Dorrell


© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850999-Browsing-Around-Barrie-Again