*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854228-Carrying-on-in-Cary-NC
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#854228 added July 13, 2015 at 9:14am
Restrictions: None
Carrying on in Cary, NC
Locale:  Cary, North Carolina.  It is just south of the capital, Raleigh


Places Visited:  I decided to finally visit a place not too far away (2 hour drive), The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.

Link:  http://www.dsbg.org/

         I like to say I know very little about flowers, and it's true!  But I love them, love taking pictures of them when I can.  But ask me to name one, and I'll just shrug my shoulders.  At least for the most part.  Heck, I'm not sure I could tell you which part is the stamen, and which is the,,, uhh, other part.  See what I mean?  But I can still appreciate their beauty.  I spent a couple of hours there walking in the summer heat and humidity.  I was wishing I was back in Phoenix, at least then I wouldn't be sweating while in the shade.  *Smile*  Actually, I loved my time here, it was very precious.



         The Botanical Garden had an awesome display of sculptures by artists from Zimbabwe.  I found many of them fascinating, especially the one below.



         In looking at it, I see a young girl playing with her much younger sibling.  What really made it stand out for me, was it's placement.  Placing it in that fountain allowed me to see a waterfall, with the two of them playing in the cool pool at the foot of falls.  Just found that whole scene beautiful.


Restaurants Dined At/Meals:

         Tony's Oyster Bar.  http://tonysoysterbar.com/

         Not only does Tony's have an excellent seafood selection, they also serve some very good Cajun meals.  I particularly loved the Shrimp and Sausage off the dinner menu.  I thought their meals were a little low on spice compared to Cajun meals I've had in Louisiana, but then not many people want it all that spicy.  Very flavorful,  nice sized portions.

         Wasabi  http://wasabicary.net/

         I love good Sushi and Sashimi, and Wasabi does not disappoint in this.  However, I ordered an entree, and it was large enough to feed 2!  Especially when you consider I had an appetizer beforehand.  I managed to eat most of it, but there was no way I could finish it completely.  Still, an excellent place to dine at, if you're in the mood for Sushi.


Other Tidbits for this trip:


         The class this week was a last minute change to my schedule.  My supervisor at Motorola was supposed to deliver this class, and I was going to spend a great week in Monterey, California.  However, his wife had knee replacement surgery a month ago, and needed him at home a bit longer.  As mentioned, I was supposed to be in California.  But, there was another instructor who could deliver my class, which freed me to deliver this one.  Can you say disappointment?  However, the Monterey class has now been delayed, so I wouldn't have been there after all....  I don't mind really, a class is a class, and this is a nice area.  Looking forward to getting out some this week.  Have some shopping to do for a couple of friends.

         I'm home for 2 weeks after this, before going to St. Louis to deliver a class. Till then, y'all remain cool in this summer heat, and write on!

© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854228-Carrying-on-in-Cary-NC