*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856400-Stifled-in-St-Louis
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#856400 added August 3, 2015 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Stifled in St. Louis
         This week finds me in beautiful St. Louis Missouri.  T'was a long flight here from Chicago, all of about 45 minutes from wheels up to wheels down.  Was nice really, I looked at the highways as we flew, and recognized many things from the air that I saw all the time as I drive from Chicago to Central Illinois.

         Stifled, as in hot, stifling hot here.  Actually, not so bad, but still it's summer, so it's bound to be hot.  So just what does Stifling or Stifled mean?  Stifling - very hot and causing difficulties in breathing; suffocating.  Making one feel constrained or oppressed.  Stifled - make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate.  Yeah, it fits well.

         I'm really in St. Charles, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis.  I'm sure you shouldn't tell the locals that this is a St. Louis suburb.  I know how I'd feel if I was constantly told something like that.  Nice town though, and once again I have a whopping two students.  But it's a short course, one that has a bit of hands on to it.  But, as is often the case with classes like this (Conventional Radio vs. Trunked Radio), we're not quite delivering what they need.  So I'm adjusting my delivery appropriately to ensure they have all the information they need to support this system.  I know, some of you are saying, "Conventional".... "Trunked"  What the heck?  If you aren't in the RF field, never mind.  You won't care, and if I tried to tell you, you'd get glassy eyed quickly.

         Wednesday evening I will be going to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  There is a Lantern Festival going on there through August 23rd, and I would love to see this. If I manage to snap any good photos, I'll be sure to post them in "Travel Pictures  So, off I go.

         I'm a little excited about this class, not because I'm here, or who I'm delivering the class to.  I'm excited because when I fly home Thursday morning, I'll turn around and fly that night to Colorado Springs Colorado (bet you didn't know that Colorado Springs is in Colorado, huh!) for a Tiny House Jamboree.  In the distant future, you may find me living in something like that.  So what better thing to do on a mini-vacation than attend a jamboree to become more enlightened on the benefits of living small?

         Til next time, when I'll be in Chantilly Virginia, y'all stay cool in the summer heat, and keep on writing!


© Copyright 2015 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856400-Stifled-in-St-Louis