*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858973-When-Dad-supernovas-into-with-it-nessbrace-yourselves
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#858973 added September 2, 2015 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
When Dad supernovas into "with-it-ness"...brace yourselves.
This blog entry is like the basket, crate, container, drawer or whatever it is you put all the odd socks into, so that when you find the other one you'll be excited. All that money you saved and stuff. It tries to make sense.

Afternoon of poetry and music coming up. Better be quick if you need to fly to Australia for this...



So these are just bits collected along with some fluff and balled up throat lozenge wrappers that somehow ended up behind the fridge. You know...you pull it forward once in a blue moon, or if the repair man has to come..."Yeh, matey. It's the thermostat for sure. Always faulty in this model"

Here's the whole ugly mixture. Keepin it green with some shipping container stuff. I find this concept fascinating. However, you have to think; are we all being hoodwinked into thinking this is the environmentally responsible thing to do, yet why not return them to be re-used? This must happen but nowhere near enough. What a crazy world we inhabit.

http://architecture.ideas2live4.com/2015/08/08/three-containers-imagination-ampl...

Also, sneaked in here, something I saw posted among all the rot and rubbish on Facebook, or maybe it came up on Twitter or somewhere. The idea of these children, and the obvious evil-ness, has probably been worn out long ago, especially mentioning them to our daughter, who commented patiently that yes, "black eyed children themes are old Dad"

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/black-eyed-children-real-or-just-a-cre...


I was told this week by someone local that the legendary Nazi train of gold in the news that is claimed to be found, is worth $100 TRILLION. Well, researching it further, as much as an Internet keyboard warrior can, brings up differing estimates. Also, until there are photos and real evidence, it occurs to you that this could be another of those global hoaxes, Polish government confirmation notwithstanding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3214265/Nazi-gold-train-Deathbed-confess...


There's the letter that was claimed to be written by Einstein himself to his daughter. Nice to assume he did, but hard to believe considering a lot of his other writings. Still, we can write a whole lot of stuff; controversial opinions etc, that we had at the time, yet later, or even at the same time, have totally different secret personal opinions or beliefs.

https://www.facebook.com/172495219481224/photos/a.172496019481144.45099.17249521...

In the late 1980s, Lieserl, the daughter of the famous genius, donated 1,400 letters, written by Einstein, to the Hebrew University, with orders not to publish their contents until two decades after his death. This is one of them, for Lieserl Einstein..

“When I proposed the theory of relativity, very few understood me, and what I will reveal now to transmit to mankind will also collide with the misunderstanding and prejudice in the world.
I ask you to guard the letters as long as necessary, years, decades, until society is advanced enough to accept what I will explain below.
There is an extremely powerful force that, so far, science has not found a formal explanation to. It is a force that includes and governs all others, and is even behind any phenomenon operating in the universe and has not yet been identified by us.

This universal force is LOVE. When scientists looked for a unified theory of the universe they forgot the most powerful unseen force.

Love is Light, that enlightens those who give and receive it.
Love is gravity, because it makes some people feel attracted to others.

Love is power, because it multiplies the best we have, and allows humanity not to be extinguished in their blind selfishness. Love unfolds and reveals.

For love we live and die.
Love is God and God is Love.

This force explains everything and gives meaning to life. This is the variable that we have ignored for too long, maybe because we are afraid of love because it is the only energy in the universe that man has not learned to drive at will.

To give visibility to love, I made a simple substitution in my most famous equation.

If instead of E = mc2, we accept that the energy to heal the world can be obtained through love multiplied by the speed of light squared, we arrive at the conclusion that love is the most powerful force there is, because it has no limits. After the failure of humanity in the use and control of the other forces of the universe that have turned against us, it is urgent that we nourish ourselves with another kind of energy…

If we want our species to survive, if we are to find meaning in life, if we want to save the world and every sentient being that inhabits it, love is the one and only answer.
Perhaps we are not yet ready to make a bomb of love, a device powerful enough to entirely destroy the hate, selfishness and greed that devastate the planet.

However, each individual carries within them a small but powerful generator of love whose energy is waiting to be released. When we learn to give and receive this universal energy, dear Lieserl, we will have affirmed that love conquers all, is able to transcend everything and anything, because love is the quintessence of life.

I deeply regret not having been able to express what is in my heart, which has quietly beaten for you all my life. Maybe it’s too late to apologize, but as time is relative, I need to tell you that I love you and thanks to you I have reached the ultimate answer! “.

Your father Albert Einstein


http://www.snopes.com/quotes/einstein/universalforce.asp

http://alberteinstein.info/

Digitization Project
The digitization project is being launched with 2,000 high-quality images on March 19, 2012. The project will continue throughout 2012.

Over 80,000 records of documents held in original and as copies in the Albert Einstein Archives at the Hebrew University (AEA) and at the Einstein Papers Project at Caltech (EPP) can now be accessed with a user-friendly interface via the internet.

The system offers easy navigation, displaying the search results and additional information such as filters, related topics and similar items.

Some of the digitized documents are accompanied by annotated transcriptions and translations, as edited by the EPP and published in the Collected Papers of Albert Einstein by Princeton University Press (PUP). These documents are searchable as full text.

The Albert Einstein Archives include scientific writings and correspondence, non-scientific writings and correspondence, family letters and travel diaries.

Einstein Archives Online presents images of Einstein's handwritten manuscripts; it includes correspondence, typewritten manuscripts, photos, audio material, etc.


As usual it takes me a while to catch on to stuff. For example, I didn't know Missy Higgins had written a book, or that she was expecting a baby, now born as of January 1, 2015. (Hope that date is right)

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/sep/19/missy-higgins-oz-album-review

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/missy-higgins-and-partner-dan-lee-welc...

I've tried to nut out what her lyrics really mean in her song Everyone's Waiting. (https://youtu.be/LiFKGbH4NzE)

Concert coming up in Melbourne in October



Do you ever do that? Like a lot of the links and info I gathered in this entry, there is the article, book, song or whatever. It's there. But then, it may even be years later, we really pause and think. This happens a lot to me. Stuff dawns on me. Yep, takes a while sometimes.

So you think you have it nailed. You think you know what they meant. You take that news article, that post wherever it is, at face value. We've learned a lot in the last few years, about how twisted around stuff can become on the Internet. You can't believe anything, not even if it's filmed and right before your eyes. You can maybe feel it must be right or true if the artist themselves, or the author, confirms it personally on Youtube. In something reported? Forget it. Photoshop. Or just plain tabloid rubbish. Beats me why people bother, but there's the answer right there. Dollars. And gullible public who buys the glossy's and loves to read straight out lies or exaggerated garbage that the person never said. Misrepresented.

Or it could be just honest mistakes in research. Or laziness. (cough cough)

Well, one thing you can be assured of, if you live in the USA, or any other place other than Australia. Right now it really is dark outside. The sun has gone away to it's special place. Trust me when I say that there really is "another side to the globe" and it's not just a huge global hoax. When you guys are waking up, and walking around standing upright, us people here under the bum end of Terra Firma, are putting up with zero sunlight, having to think about going to sleep and lying in beds provided for that purpose (mostly *Pthb*) and trying desperately to hang on to the dirt above our heads so we don't fall off into space.

They call this the "land down under" and you'd better believe it. There's no need to research THIS trite little bunch of facts. We are currently upside down.

And when we write stuff we have to have special patches for Word, and Apps on our phones to right-way-up the text. Don't believe me then. Try researching it and you'll probably hit brick walls just like I did with Albert Einstein. Who had no middle name.

To finish up this scatty entry, here's some very current comment on taxis overseas. Just to save you some research time. This is current up to about half an hour ago. With permission from the post-er.

"Another two great taxi experiences. In Barcelona, yesterday we took a cab from La Rambla, 20 Min in fast traffic to the Gaudi home. Our driver was fun, turned off his Spanish radio station, put in a John Lee Hooker blues cd, and we chatted for the duration. Well, his English and my Spanish were on par, but the music was muy Buenos. He pounded the wheel, discussed the talents of drivers, and we agreed, tapping our fingers to the beat... Got along fine. 12. Euros!!
This morning, Cab to the train station on way to Madrid, young Indian driver from New Delhi, 3 languages, Spanish, French, English... Saving money to immigrate to Canada. Lots of discussion on countries, immigration policies etc, cricket... Journey of 15 Min, lots of chatting and advice.. 10 Euros. Love Barcelona"


There you have it. Accurate and a positive experience.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858973-When-Dad-supernovas-into-with-it-nessbrace-yourselves