*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860081-The-treasures-hiding-in-catch-22-human-cultures-dig-them-up
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#860081 added September 15, 2015 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
The treasures hiding in catch 22 human cultures; dig them up
Do you see a world surrounded by a lack of common sense?

And for some, surrounded by a lack of common fence?

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9027949



Sometimes, in the pursuit of our goals and dreams, we err. The mistake people make, that we make, is to think that dominating others, taking away from others, upsetting others, disturbing others, attacking others, and otherwise displeasing others, will further our own ambitions.
The thought theory is that if other people don't have substance A, if we can manage to take it from them somehow, we'll end up with more of substance A, or B, or C, or all of these.

When the opposite is very plainly true.



The more we are able and willing to help others obtain A, B, C or whatever it is they need in life, the more of those substances, attributes, characteristics and necessities of life we'll gain.
Of course, this life we live, the people with whom we share the lend of this world, and our own fallible human nature mean what should happen doesn't. Often.
But we can try. And by giving, we'll more likely receive. By not giving, we'll never receive. Not in a noble deserving sense anyway.

By expecting everything for nothing, we just become parasites.

What if we were like hidden treasure, and our writing reflected this. How about if the further people read, and thought about what they read, of what we've written, the deeper and more rewarding it became for those who understood.
What if our literature was a treasure map. A trustworthy map that lived up to its promises?



Sometimes the search for hidden treasure has to be suspended or postponed. I've found that to be the case. I'm not sure why, but I suspect my mental state is the reason. I haven't read a book for a few years. And that is a crazy situation for a writer. I feel it's not ideal, and will even be detrimental eventually to my reservoir of creativeness.

Financial strain also impacts on enjoyable reading - lack of focus, concentration, and any real prospect of relaxation are like a constant hand-brake of anxiety, a feeling of urgency to do other things, vital things.

Maybe I'm in a trap that I've sometimes blogged about when talking about productive writing of enthralling stories. That trap is when you feel you have somewhere else to be, when you can't commit, can't settle, can't just STOP thinking, stop panicking, stop stressing about nothing. There are lots of causes, I'm sure, but unless this mind disablement can be overcome somehow, then I feel we can't write at our optimum level.

Optimum level writing is the one that people want to read, again and again. Non put down-able.


Catch Thoughy2 and lots of hidden treasure, just waiting to be viewed and reviewed.







Sometimes treasure may not be hidden, but exist because someone chose to make whatever it is open source. So sharing can change the world. Giving can alter people's lives, upcycle lifestyles on a global scale.



Working, creating ideas with our hands, finding / hunting, cooking our own food, growing fruit and vegetables, raising chooks; whatever it is we do that brings satisfaction and brightness, cheerfulness and inspiration to others, surely that is a treasure right there.

Writing about passions and crafting something from the ingredients of happy lives is a treasure in itself. We don't need to rehearse such writing.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860081-The-treasures-hiding-in-catch-22-human-cultures-dig-them-up