*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861481-52IFBC-When-the-Spirits-are-Silent
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#861481 added October 1, 2015 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
52IFBC: When the Spirits are Silent
** Image ID #2055495 Unavailable **

Kip reeled in frustrated torment. To the light where the spirits watched, he screamed. “I was relying on this!” Kip is slashing his arm across the rubble that once held hundreds of homes and businesses now laid to waste. “How am I supposed to rely on this?!” He slashed his other arm across the landscape where his manor home and fields were burnt and laid in ruins. “I don’t have time to play. What did you do? Why?” Each shouted utterance was met with silence from the Heavens to which he made his plea. Kip fell prone, waiting impatiently for the spirts to give him an answer.
The rains started slowly and increased its rhythm and velocity. Kip could not hold back the tears that joined the driving spheres hitting his face. His soul screamed to survive, his heart would not oblige. Where was his mate? Where was his family? Did anyone make it out of this devastation alive?
He raised his head from the puddle that was accumulating where he bowed down. He let the rain wash the mud away from his face where it accumulated between his spread fingers. He managed to get wearily to his feet and let the water soak his clothing. He was now muddy, cold and wet. The spirits were not kind. The spirits were silent.
The broken path in front of him beckoned. It was as good a choice as any. One foot in front of the other. The journey had to start. He did not know where to go or how he would get there. There was just this one small bit of resolve within him to find the spirits and get answers.
[word count: 282]

© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861481-52IFBC-When-the-Spirits-are-Silent