*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866789-Renovations-Rafters-and-zero-time-versus-max-requirements
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#866789 added November 22, 2015 at 7:27am
Restrictions: None
Renovations, Rafters and zero time versus max requirements.
This may be the last blog entry I can manage for a while. Perhaps life will make a liar out of me and such.

We are now living in a shed. Our shed. Our furniture or most of it is stored in a 40' container in our backyard. The rest of it including beds is in the shed. We are quite comfortable but alas, the toilet and shower / bathroom is inside. So is the dishwasher. Talk about first world problems.

And this may seem like a good time to use this as an excuse not to be doing Nano this year. But wait, there's more.

Job. House renovation. Health. Adjustments to my Editor's comments and feedback, which are excellent by the way.

All this adds up to having to shut down blogging as well, perhaps for a couple of months. We found out our house foundations need major underpinning work, in addition to the normal fixing up of the interior.

Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who reads this blog, Shouts from Down Under, and also those who take the extra time to leave a comment. I greatly value every one of you people. I know how fast paced life has become for many and even reading time has to be defended or fought for.

I love writing blog entries. But I find myself being unable at the present time. I'm exhausted, mentally and physically, and our reno isn't even half way yet. We should be moving north to care for my ageing parents, like, yesterday! STRESS!

But things will get better and as others say on WDC, look at the positives and the bright side.

There is something I must say to all. Keep writing. If you find stuff in life is getting you down, you're lonely, sad, angry, frightened, frustrated. Write it down. Even if you are only 10 years old right now. Write all your experiences. Visit your grandparents and ask their life stories.

I wish I'd done that years ago, even without the personal side of things, that material would be worth uncountable value now for writing material.

People who lived through the first years of electricity in cities, through all the world wars, through typhoid fever, through the horse and buggy days, through all the things we take a bit for granted these days.

And people, I feel, are way to quick to dismiss the sage advice of our now deceased old, OLD generation. Old fashioned. Restrictive. Boring. Bossy.

Yes? Well, perhaps we only have ourselves to blame for the state of our world now. Besides all the chaos, there's the other side to it. Too many laws, restrictions, licences, permits and lawsuits.

The safer things appear to be, the less freedom there really is, because we are all now brain dead, or treated that way by all the rules of life.

This is the last blog entry until further notice. Maybe it's time I got a haircut and a real job. Or at least a hair cut.





Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866789-Renovations-Rafters-and-zero-time-versus-max-requirements