*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868146
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1552396
Who is ruwth?
#868146 added December 8, 2015 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
In Proxy...
°°°
°°°
December 8, 2015

This morning I am going to tell about an experience I had at Logos Ministries in Morton, Illinois years and years ago.

I don't remember what was preached that day. What I remember was my response to the invitation that day and what happened after that.

The sermon probably played a role in all this but the events leading up to my responding the way I did are now forgotten.

The result is what I remember.

When the preacher gave the invitation that day, I felt prompted by the Lord to respond in a very different way. I felt led to respond to that invitation in proxy for my sister Marki - to go forward in her stead.

I had never seen that done before and haven't since but that is what I did that day.

I asked the preacher and those praying with him to lay hands on me and pray for my sister.

At the time, she was involved with a very legalistic church. Although she had once prayed in tongues, a pastor told her that when she did that she was praising the devil and to never do it again.

The preacher laid hands on me that day and prayed for Marki. The power of God was there and I was slain in the Spirit.

At one point, as I laid on the floor, I was oblivious to my surroundings. I know they went on with the service (probably the closing remarks and prayer) while I continued to lie there resting in the Presence of God.

At that time, it was the most powerful sense of the Presence of God I had ever felt. Although I had experienced being slain in the Spirit before, it was the most profound experience of that nature I had ever had.

The most significant part of this experience were the words of reassurance and promise I received while lying there.

I believe God spoke these words to me that day:

I know your sister's heart. I have my hand on her and I will bring her out and she will bring many out with her.


What does that mean? I don't really know but I look forward to seeing those words fulfilled.

He knows her heart. I believe my sister's heart's desire is to be all that God wants her to be and to be in the center of His Will for her. I believe God knows Marki loves Him and truly wants His Will in her life.

The bringing out part... I am waiting to see what He means by those words.









~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~



© Copyright 2015 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868146