*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869434-Adella
by Twiga
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2069899
Changeling Fantasy about a young girl who gets swept up in a war between Fairy Nations
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#869434 added December 28, 2015 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
Adella
Adella Springfield was among the most beautiful girls you could ever meet, Blonde, Blue Eyed, tall and thin,it was pretty odd too, since her Mom and Dad were both brown haired and browned eyed (Well her Dad WAS brown haired until he went completely bald by the age of 40) and short and stocky.

Adella's bedroom was completely pink, the walls were painted pink, the carpeting was pink, her furniture was pink, her various toys and knick-knacks she still had from when she was kid were pink, the only thing in the bedroom that WASN'T pink was Mitzi, Adella's orange tabby cat, Adella got Mitzi as a kitten when she was 12 years old after begging and pleading her folks for a Pet, after her Mom and Dad relented Adella did take pretty good care of Mitzi, who had gown from a tiny kitten to a sleek and lovely young cat Mitzi was about the only responsibility Adella could handle, because she tended to completely flake out on everything else, until one day.

As Adella lay asleep in her bed one Saturday morning, she heard Mitzi meowing and pawing at her long blonde hair. Slowly but surely Adella opened her eyes and she slowly and gracefully yawned

"Morning Mitzi," She said sleepily, picking up her beloved pet and giving her a nose nuzzle, "What a way to start the day..."

"Adella!" Came her Mom's voice from downstairs "Have you forgotten what today is?"

Adella felt herself break into a cold sweat, She had gotten the part of Clara in her School's production of The Nutcracker, and she was supposed to be at the rehearsal!

"Oh my gosh!" Said Adella, "The school play!The rehearsal! I forgot all about it!"

She flung herself out of bed, quickly peeled off her pink, lacy nightdress and quickly put on her school uniform.

Mitzi mewed with her favorite rubber mousie in her mouth as she sat on Adella's pink dresser.

"Mitzi I don't have time to play today." Adella said as she quickly put on her socks and shoes

"We'll play later Mitzi," She said as she quickly backed the door "Bye Mitzi!"

Mitzi, all though she was a Cat, was quite a bit smarter then the average Cat, dropped the rubber mousie from her mouth, and swatted her beloved toy in irritation.

As Adella raced down the stairs she said "Mom I'm going to get something at Starbucks on the way over..."

"You don't have time for that!" Her Mom yelled

Her Mom sighed and put her hand on her forehead "Adella when are you going to learn to be responsible" Mrs Springfield asked irritably "You're not going to be young forever you know!"

Those words stung like ice on a leaf for Adella

"You got to stop living your life like you're the Princess of Everything!" Mrs. Springfield scolded

"Fine." Said Adella "I won't get anything I'll just go to school." She left slamming the door on her way out

Mrs. Springfield sighed again as she stroked her aching forehead with one hand and her pregnant belly with the other, with a new baby on the way, she was dismayed that her 15 year old daughter still was still living her life like a child

"She's just such a willful child." Mrs. Springfield said as she turned to look at the family photos, one of Adella when she was taking her first steps "We try and we try to teach her to be a grown up...." Mrs Springfield turned to a different picture, One of Adella in a pink dress and plastic tiara and holding a plastic magic wand admiring herself in the mirror "...But Adella seems determined to be a little princess forever."

As Adella made her way to school puffing and panting the whole way, she entered to auditorium gasping "HEY!"

"Adella Springfield." Said Mr. Dobbs the Drama Teacher "You're one hour late!"

"Sorry Mr. Dobbs." Adella said she looked at Mr. Dobbs with his curly grey hear his half moon glasses and his giant clipboard he carried with him everywhere.

"You wanted the lead role Adella." Mr. Dobbs said "That means responsibility."

Adella bristled she had already been lectured once on this subject today

"NOW GET INTO YOUR COSTUME!" Mr. Dobbs shouted

Later in the girl's dressing room, Adella had changed into the green dress she was going to play Clara in, she was feeling depressed she didn't feel like acting at this point but she knew she had no choice, she found a plastic crown and put it on her head and looked in the mirror and frowned

"I'm not a princess." She said to herself "I'm not even someone important." As she took the crown off her she felt hot tears sting her eyes "I'm just an ordinary girl."

"What if I told you..." Came a hissing snake like voice "...You weren't."

The idea of there being a boy in the dressing room caused Adella to scream, but before she could an ice cold hand clamped around her mouth

"Silence you fool!" Said the owner of that hand, he was like nothing Adella had ever seen before! He had slate grey skin and jet black hair, he had bat-like wings on his shoulder blades and a devil-like tail that swished back and forth, he was only wearing a loincloth as he pushed Adella backward till she was laying on the counter

"Listen and listen closely!" Said the Demonic looking creature "You're a Fairy, Adella, a Fairy Princess! You are the daughter of the Queen of Spring and the King of Fall. A war between the Summer and Winter kingdoms Forced Spring and Fall to unite and they sent the soul of the Princess to Earth in a Human Body..."
© Copyright 2015 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869434-Adella