*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878117-Listening
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#878117 added April 1, 2016 at 8:19pm
Restrictions: None
Listening
I'm sitting here at the computer with the window beside me still open and the darkness outside with its croaking frogs and katydids. Or maybe that's locusts. What was it my mom always said you hear when it's dry?

Once in awhile I hear footsteps jogging by out on the street. People do run in the dark around here, cooler I guess, but dangerous with the traffic. Yep, I hear frogs...ribbit, ribbit. And a dog barking.

I'm off to the farmers' market in the morning and then maybe a stop at a couple garage sales along the way. We're having a big (huge) art festival in Gainesville this weekend, but I won't attempt that until Sunday when some of my favorite musicians are playing...if I can find a place to park.

Oh, wow, a whippoorwill. It is amazing what you can hear if you listen.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878117-Listening