*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887287-Hamden-Ct
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#887287 added July 13, 2016 at 7:25am
Restrictions: None
Hamden, Ct.
Date: Week of June 27th

Locale:  Hamden, Ct

         A local communications company in Hamden/New Haven Connecticut was my customer this week.  I could have flown to and from Hartford or Providence (didn't think of that, lol), instead I flew to and from Boston.  I guess my thoughts were centered around one thing I wanted to do.  When I was in Maryland in May, I left my 'precious' windbreaker in the rental car.  (It's the jacket I was wearing in the pictures from the National Mall on that trip)  I'd been sitting in Reagan Airport a couple of hours waiting to go when I realized I didn't have it.  I ran back to Avis, and even though the car hadn't been cleaned yet, nor moved from where I dropped it off, I was told there was no jacket in it.  So, I flew in and out of Boston so I could drive through Groton Ct. and get me another jacket.  Except, the Nautilus store there does not sell them anymore.  *Cry*  I did manage to get a polo shirt that had the same logo though.  *Smile*

         Hamden is a small town, but the area around it is beautiful.  Rolling hills, green growth all around, houses just like you expect in a small New England town.  It was a quick trip though, so no time for personal outings or things like that.  *Frown*  I will be posting a pic in my Travel pictures folder though.  It's two circles of metal suspended in the air.  The smaller one is the hull diameter of the world's first submarine, the USS Holland.  The larger one, is the hull diameter of an Ohio class Ballistic Missile submarine, they type I retired from. 


{indentI'm home in Illinois now, and will be until the end of July.  The last week of July I will go to Gloucester County, NJ.  Home most of August before going to Newport News, Va, then we're at Labor Day already!  It's summer here in the Northern Hemisphere.  Remember to stay cool, drink plenty of water, and write.  Oh, and enjoy GoT!  *Smile*

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887287-Hamden-Ct