*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889449-Gloucester-County-New-Jersey
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#889449 added September 5, 2016 at 2:34pm
Restrictions: None
Gloucester County, New Jersey
Date: Week of August 1st

Locale:  Clayton/Vineland, NJ

         My class this week was really two different courses.  I have a small issue doing these courses back-to-back, since there's a bit of overlap.  Both courses contain some of the same material.  However, I needn't have worried about it at all, since the students were really interested in the overall operation.  Many questions were asked about other topics relating to their system operation and this kept the class flowing well.  Of the three students, one was relatively new and inexperienced, and none of them had any experience working with a radio network that used TCP/IP devices for connectivity.


         I stayed in Vineland New Jersey, but the class was held about 15 miles north in Clayton.  This is southern New Jersey, and very beautiful.  I spent two nights driving a whopping 20 miles to the Jersey shore for dinner.  Each drive seemed to take an hour, but was more like 30 minutes at the most.  Vineland is a pretty small town with a decent choice of restaurants.  But I was on the coast!  So of course I wanted seafood....


Noteworthy Restaurants:

         https://thecrabtrap.com/

         A half dozen fresh Oysters for an appetizer, and a nice Swordfish Steak with a Mango salsa topping.  A minor, unusual thing about dining here, is that the meals come with three different sides (I had Rice Pilaf, Cucumber Salad, and one other thing I can't think of right now), plus a side salad! Needless to say, I left there pretty stuffed....


         I'm home in Illinois now, and will be until the end of August.  The last week of August, I will go to Newport News, Va.  One of my daughters lives two hours from Newport News, so I may get a chance to visit her.  *Smile*  It's summer here in the Northern Hemisphere.  Remember to stay cool, drink plenty of water, and write.  *Smile* 

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889449-Gloucester-County-New-Jersey