*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888463-Pay-it-forward
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#888463 added July 25, 2016 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
Pay it forward
Prompt : Motivational Monday! Sophia Petrillo once said , " I always wondered why blessings wore disguises. If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked." Do you think it's better to do nice things anonymously , or would you rather it be known ? Sophia was played on television by actress Estelle Getty , who was born on this day in 1923.
          Haha, memories of a great sitcom. Sophia was the matriarch of the Golden Girls . Nobody compared to Dorothy ' s Italian mother; outspoken, blunt, and feisty. She enjoyed shocking people . Sophia the angel would have an in- your- face attitude. She appreciated the personal touch. Now I have an image haunting my brain, a nude Sophia . Maybe it was a blessing that this television saga had censors.
         This is a depends dilemma... it depends upon the circumstances and the blessing. If we are referring to donations of money and supplies such as foreign aid, anonymity is acceptable. It's usually a massive relief drive for a multitude of people. The circumstances are usually dire and urgent. The people are less concerned with names of their benefactors than with their own needs.
          For the different care agencies that match children with their supporters the idea of recognition fosters, hopefully, a bond. Letters and photos are exchanged to nurture a connection, and cultural awareness. It is a personal touch. Donators are able to see and hear the positive results, and the children are able to express their gratitude and progress. The blessings become tangible.
         In everyday life, I think it is wonderful to connect with people face to face. All of us deserve courtesy and respect . There is nothing better than exchanging/sharing smiles. A smile knows no language barrier. It is easy to give and accept. Words are not always necessary. A smile is an aknowledgment, a small nod that we have much in common.
         There is no substitute for good manners. Saying 'please ' and 'thank you' establishes a bond, a connection. It verifies that our efforts are noted, and appreciated .
         Some people enjoy the blessing of a greeting, or a conversation. They share pleasantries . The personal touch of eye to eye contact, and speaking one on one blesses others with the gift of your undivided attention, and time. Who doesn't like to feel special?
         The pay it forward campaign is another blessing that can be anonymous or known. Doing small favours for others, and or receiving a favour in return, or not, is a great way to create positive experiences. It could be as simple as paying for the coffee of the next person in line, or offering someone extra money to make a purchase . It can be stopping on a highway to help change a flat tire. It can be offering someone your place in a checkout line. It can be offering to carry bags, or holding an elevator door.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888463-Pay-it-forward