*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890892-A-Kid-on-Allowance-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#890892 added August 26, 2016 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
A Kid on Allowance Day
Today was a busy one.

I sold my 1940 Ford Sedan, my scissors lift, an industrial welder and a great running flat head engine on a test stand.

Then I spent the morning with the buyer moving it all from my garage to his shop. My goodness, I sure have more room than I used to have.

When I finished with all that Linda fixed Hot Dogs for lunch and then we piled into the car and drove up to Steven's Point for Rehab. The insurance ran out some time ago and my wife and I decided to continue the schedule as a life style change of venue.

While in Steven's Point we bought a second wheelbarrow. The reason we need two is that I pick up the pieces from the pile in the yard and Linda stacks them inside the shed.....You got it! While one is being unloaded the other is being loaded. Linda is a good wood stacker and I am good at sorting the good stacking pieces from those that go onto the reject pile which will be the first to burn come late November.

We had the fish fry for dinner at the Supper Club on Wood Lake. I ordered the broiled cod which was a dumb mistake. When am I going to learn to order what Linda orders. She ordered the Fish Fry along with 99% of the other customers.... there's a reason its called Friday Night Fish Fry.

When we got home it was clean up the garage and shop time and I was at that until dark. My friend Ron called and has the fuselage for my latest camera model almost done. When I got finished outside I discovered the cats eating their dinner. Feeding the outdoor cats is my job but sometimes Linda does it for me. What a great wife!

She would have done it anyway, even if I hadn't split the proceeds of todays sale with her. She was like a kid on allowance day.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890892-A-Kid-on-Allowance-Day