*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892015-No-to-school-unifoms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#892015 added September 12, 2016 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
No to school unifoms
PROMPT! The Sunday News. This week in the UK, police were called on approximately 50 students because they were wearing improper uniforms. Should students be required to wear uniforms in schools, for any reason? And should these uniforms require very specific standards,or should families be allowed a little leeway regarding lesser items like accessories, jewelry, and shoes? Have you ever had to wear a uniform to class? How would you feel if you had to purchase an expensive set of clothing for your child , only to be told it wasn't enough, or that he or she was wearing something improperly?
         Wow, to me this is a non-issue. Uniforms in school? Why? What do they accomplish? I never attended a school that required them, and neither did my children. What is wrong with individuality, choice, and artistic expression? I cannot imagine dressing in the same style or colour every school day. I rarely wore skirts, or dresses, they are not for me. I have always preferred jeans for their comfort and casualness. I was an honour student, so the formality of a uniform, or lack of one did not hurt me scholastically. I never felt left out, or less than anyone else.I never competed with other students clothing-wise. I wore what I wanted to wear, and what I could afford to wear. My children were similar. Their clothing was never questioned, or denied.
         This being said, I have noticed kids in school uniforms, and very few conform. They shorten their kilts, don kitschy socks, walk in various footwear, adorn themselves in different jewellery, add make-up, whatever. Kids wish to express themselves. They experiment. Sometimes, they adopt fads, or share styles with friends. Exact standards of clothing do not improve learning, or guarantee respect. A bit of modesty and decency doesn't hurt though.Near nudity is ridiculous. Common sense and practicality shouldn't be ignored. Kids will realize that certain clothing is needed for certain weather. Dressing one's self should be about personal choice, and learning by trial and error.
         My children never had to wear school uniforms, so the cost was never an issue. I would never have enrolled them in a school requiring uniforms. The money should be spent on resources such as books, supplies, extra-curricular activities, sports, and trips.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892015-No-to-school-unifoms