*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896387-Do-You-Know-The-Way-To-San-Jose
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#896387 added November 3, 2016 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Do You Know The Way To San Jose?
Date: Week of October 24st

Locale:  San Jose, California

         Last week I was lucky enough to go to San Jose.  I know, San Jose?  Well, the class was there, but it was an hour drive south for me, for a day of vacation as part of the trip that really excited me.  I managed to spend the day Sunday in Monterey.  Most of my time was spent in the World Famous Monterey Aquarium.  It was a good time, with a nice dinner on the Monterey Boardwalk.  Tuesday I went to Gilroy, about an hour south.  It's the self-proclaimed Garlic Capital of the World.  All I did was visit a roadside stand, but still, it was a fun evening.

         Being there in California, I spent my evenings having fresh seafood.  There was one place that I wouldn't go back to, and will warn you about, should you find yourself in that area.  The Island Grille.  Look at their menu on line, then visit if you must.  But while their on line menu looks and sounds yummy, the in house menu is completely different, and double the price!  Despite the name Island Grille, most of their entree's are beef, chicken, or pork.  Very little seafood, and none have anything to do with islands.

         I spent Friday afternoon touring the San Francisco waterfront and Fisherman's Wharf before catching a red-eye flight home.  Of course that meant driving down Lombard Street too.  Well, at least the small section of hair pin turns.  *Smile*









Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         Monterey Bay Aquarium - https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/
No visit to the south SF bay area is complete without visiting this place.  The ocean has drawn me since I was a child, seeing so many creatures in their habitat (I know it's not natural, but it's about as close as we'll get it, and still be able to see it) is always uplifting for my spirits.

         San Francisco Waterfront - Need I say more?  I was sorry to see that Fisherman's Grotto had closed after 81 years of operation.


Noteworthy Restaurants:

         There are a lot of excellent restaurants in the Bay Area.  Too many to list here, but I must list one I visited.

         Hukilau Restaurant - http://www.dahukilau.com/sanjose/ Located in a small area known as Japan Town, this restaurant is a small spot of Paradise in the bay area.  It's a Hawaiian themed restaurant, with excellent entrees.  (Do you wonder why I liked it so much?)  Their Teriyaki Beef Short Ribs were excellent.  I came back the following day at noon to grab a Shave Ice from the Banana Crepe shop next door.  Yes, it's properly spelled Shave Ice, not Shaved Ice.

          Until next time, y'all keep on writing, share your Trinkets, (tell me when you release one!  lol), and stay warm or cool, since the seasons are changing.

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896387-Do-You-Know-The-Way-To-San-Jose