*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896483-The-Big-Apple
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#896483 added November 3, 2016 at 5:43pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Apple!
Date: Week of October 31st

Locale:  New York City, New York

         This week finds me in a small town affectionately known as 'The Big Apple'.  Yep, I'm right here in fabulous New York City for a meeting with a customer.  *Smile*  I'm actually staying in Jersey City, on the river across from NYC.  I have a nice view of the skyline from the window in my room.

         I arrived a day early so I could learn how to use the mass transit system in the NY/NJ Metro area.  So yesterday I took a train under the Hudson River, and arrived at the World Trade Center.  I toured that area, and reflected on the happenings of 9/11, realizing how hard it hit this city.  I was also reminded of how it energized our nation, and brought home the idea of freedom to most everyone once again.  I was going to find the meeting site, but quickly realized I had quite a distance to go still.  However, a little studying of Google Maps on my phone helped, and I knew that could get there today without any problems.  So I played tourist, and tried not to gawk at the scenes around me.  I didn't want my head to be looking up the whole time, you know how it is when you're in a big city that you've visited once or twice, but never traveled around in much.

         I did manage to snap a few photo's (of course), and just about walked my legs off in doing so.  My 'Fit-Bit' tells me I walked about six and a half miles yesterday, but some of that was walking in the airports too.  Still, by the end of the day, my legs were pretty tuckered out.  *Smile*









Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         National September 11 Memorial and Museum.  If you come here, visit this site.  I will be back here four times next year for classes with this customer, and one more time as I prep, learning their exact radio sites wiring and connections/signal flow.  I may not get here to NYC for that one visit, but I will for the classes, since I'll be delivering them in a building on Broadway.  *Bigsmile*



          I'm home the next three or four weeks, before traveling to Springfield Virginia in mid December.  Winter is coming, y'all stay warm! 

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896483-The-Big-Apple