*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900035-Blue-Screen-of-Death
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900035 added December 22, 2016 at 1:50am
Restrictions: None
Blue Screen of Death
"Blue Screen of Death

Most of us who have any experience with computers have experienced those "blue screens of death" at one time or another. I did so once when chatting with an individual on another continent. She hit me up for cash as if I was any better off than she was and I told her where to head in. The next thing I know she sent a Trojan that went through my antivirus and my firewall so fast it was unbelievable. My computer displayed that blue screen that tells you your DOS and your operating system have been corrupted beyond repair. I managed to fix mine but only after taking it to a specialist. I have no idea what he did to it. I do know however that it taught me a valuable lesson. I had backed everything up on both a flash drive and CD ROM. I was extremely grateful to have done so. My current computer is set to back itself up automatically each week and I also keep any important documents on it copied to flash drive and CD-ROM back ups when possible. My writing is usually only done directly into the static item creator on WdC so I don't back it up. Most of it isn't for profit anyway. It's simply for enjoyment.

It's my belief that only a fool won't keep important documents backed up. I also never store credit card information, account numbers, or other personal information in my computer nor do I shop online. I don't want my identity stolen. It was compromised once and was devastating. Never again!

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900035-Blue-Screen-of-Death