*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900316-Grey-and-LAmour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900316 added December 26, 2016 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Grey and L'Amour
"Grey and L'Amour

Two of the best 20th Century authors who wrote Western novels were Louis L'amour and Zane Grey. Both wrote their westerns in much the same fashion. They were action packed and kept the readers attention from start to finish. Both authors produced numerous books. I have read several by each of them. When one read their novels one had the feeling that the authors were telling their stories from the perspective of somebody who had lived it. Neither of the authors was old enough to have witnessed the wild west but both made the reader believe they had.

My own writing style is somewhat like that. I attempt to write from the perspective of the character. While the stories i write are largely third party accounts I make an effort to paint a picture that draws the reader in. I don't want to tell my readers what is going on. I want them to become part of the action and witness the events through their own eyes. Whether or not I accomplish that is questionable. I have only gotten a few negative reviews so apparently I don't do too bad. However I am never satisfied with my work so I push myself to do better.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900316-Grey-and-LAmour