*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900449
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1552396
Who is ruwth?
#900449 added December 3, 2018 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Welcome to An Ordinary Life
"Welcome to An Ordinary Life"

Those words greet me every time I open my blog. I don't really remember making the decision to use those words at the top of this item but I do remember the day they made an impression on me.

I spent the month of November 2016 at a retreat center in Arkansas. I was writing 50,000 words that month -- actually 53,715 -- for NanoWrimo.

I had opted to go off by myself and focus on writing about a very painful time of my life. I spent most of the month in quasi-solitude -- "quasi" because I interacted with folks here on Writing.Com. Other than connecting here at times and sharing a few meals with the two elderly nuns who take care of the place, it was me and the cows.

Then the month was over. I packed up and headed back to Oklahoma. I called a WDC friend and told here I didn't want to go back to my regular life. I was glad to be back in my camper but I wasn't glad to be back in my life.

I stopped somewhere for a cuppa joe and took advantage of the guest wifi to get online. I logged on to Writing.Com and clicked the bookmark to bring me to this blog.

What greeted me when I did that?

The words: "Welcome to An Ordinary Life" -- go figure.

© Copyright 2018 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900449