*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900932-Tenacity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900932 added January 2, 2017 at 6:25pm
Restrictions: None
Tenacity
"Tenacity

I respect a person who never gives up. Sometimes I wonder if they've taken leave of their senses but I respect their integrity in trying. This past summer I was a resident at a local homeless shelter. I had gone there for personal reasons. While there I witnessed an altercation between a staff member and a young man. They young man had actually been fighting with another resident and the staff member intervened. The staff member outweighed the young man by a good 150 pounds and was at least a foot taller. So he was able to handle the young man like a rag doll. The staff member restrained the young man and told him to calm down. The young man started struggling and the staff member finally tossed him aside. The young man came charging back time after time with the tenacity of a bulldog. Every time he was easily thrown aside. He kept coming back however. The police showed up and arrested him. He refused to get in the car so he was carried. To say he was stubborn would have been an understatement. One thing he did accomplish however was earning my respect. In the face of insurmountable odds he refused to give up. I respect that.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900932-Tenacity