*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901200-Party-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901200 added January 5, 2017 at 1:54am
Restrictions: None
Party Time!
"Party Time!

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for today is "There's a big party happening, not just a few friends but a couple of thousand and everyone draws a task from the hat that they need to cover. Lucky you... you got the music. What kind of music are you going to arrange, play? Rock, Alternative, Classical, Country, Jazz Are you hiring a band or are you going to wing it yourself and dj the party? If you want embed one of your favorites."

The first question I would have to ask is if the party has a theme or a particular purpose? If for example it's a class reunion for the Class of 1960 and the theme is "Memories" then one isn't going to want to play hip hop music. For one thing it's very likely that the audience of the party is all in their late fifties and hip hop music makes them feel like somebody is rubbing their eardrums with sandpaper! One would instead probably want to select the popular music of the era such as Frank Sinatra, Patti Paige, or even the classic rock of the 1950's.

If the party is a company business party and the theme is a business theme, one may want to hire a string quartet or an orchestra depending on the budget, and have classical music or big band music played. Jazz may also be a good option for a business party.

If one is simply holding a block party or a good old fashioned hoe down or "hootananny" then one may want to hire a country band. The point is that before I could say what kind of music I would select, I would need to know a little more about the party. What are the demographics of the party crowd? What is the theme of the party and other such information? Planning a party to be attended by a large crowd of people takes serious planning. One knows going in that there is no way one is going to please everybody. So you try to choose music suitable to the theme of the party.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901200-Party-Time