*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903333-Opening-Lines
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903333 added January 28, 2017 at 1:34am
Restrictions: None
Opening Lines
"Opening Lines

Blog City image small

What it says

The Blog City prompt for Saturday January 28 is "“You’ve been tasked with ghostwriting a memoir for an extremely unusual person. You come up with many opening lines to the book, but one of them you write as a joke just to amuse yourself at how absurd the person’s story is. But now that person wants you to use that line. Share it…”

I have been asked to ghostwrite a person's memoirs in real life but I am not comfortable writing novels. I wrote one novel many years ago, which i now thank God never made it to press. Anyway the person whose memoirs I have been asked to write was a paramedic so I would make paramedic jokes. "He went to check his own blood pressure but the cuff was too small for his neck" would be one joke I might use.

Another may be "He got angry because his favorite radio station kept saying "Ten-Four".

"He thought his first accident scene was the demolition derby at the county fair."

In all honesty though I have been a paramedic myself, which was why I was asked. I know that accident scenes can resemble the aftermath of a demolition derby but with tragic results.

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903333-Opening-Lines