*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903339-Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903339 added January 28, 2017 at 7:22am
Restrictions: None
Joy
"Joy

** Image ID #2109513 Unavailable **

We have spent the past several days discussing love and faith, both of which are by products of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Today we are going to continue of study of the by-products of Holy Spirit's indwelling. These products or fruits of the Spirit are found in chapter six, verse 22 of Paul's letter to the church at Galatia. He says "But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these."

Today we are going to study joy. What does it mean to have joy? It means to have the calm assurance that everything is going to be alright. As Christians we are guaranteed to have troubles in this world. After all this world is not our home. It's a war zone in which we are temporarily stationed. I have known many soldiers in my time but I have yet to meet a soldier who says they ever enjoyed being in theater. War is rough and as Christians we are in theater. This world is our war zone. However we know something that the enemy knows but won't admit. We have already defeated our enemy. We're simply the occupational force! We can obtain much joy from this. Joy is more than merely knowing we''re dealing with a defeated enemy though. Joy is knowing that our lives are a win-win situation! If we live we walk with the Spirit of the Lord and if we die we go to be with the Lord. It doesn't get any better than that!

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903339-Joy