*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906152-Life-is-Better-When-You-Write-A-WDC-Quote
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#906152 added March 6, 2017 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
"Life is Better When You Write" A WDC Quote
Motivational Monday! Musician David Gilmour, born on this day in 1947, once said, "It's a very tempting thing to try and relive your glory days when you get a little older and you worry that people have forgotten all about you." In what way or ways does your writing preserve any kind of legacy?

This book is a Hoot!


Writing gives me purpose now. I can draw on experience to create stories that are just fun for me. (Maybe not for anyone else.)
There are so many stories to be read. Sometimes, when I look at the books advertised on my kindle or browse through the Library books on Overdrive I think all the populations of the earth are writing stories. Nonfiction is out there about every problem on the earth. Fiction is so prevalent that sometimes I forget to read the story I thought would be next.

Once in awhile I wonder what will happen to my writing when I die. I figure if the children clean out the house it will be carted out to the burn pile. When my WDC membership comes to an end my writing will be deleted.

I was in a discussion group in a sociology class that talked two whole days about the worth of online presence. It seems if you are online a lot but never meet the people you talk to they are not really totally real within your conscious mind. the group was split, half and half, about the worth of things like face book, twitter, blogs, etc.

Do people really leave a legacy? Sure if your a historian, great general, president or king of a country. Since I turned 60 years old people have been asking me what will happen when you die. Or, what if you die of _______________? Do you have a will? Do you have insurance policies? At my last wellness check up I was given paperwork that I am suppose to turn in at the office so they can keep a copy on file stating whether or not I want to be resuscitated. Get rid of your horse it will cause an accident? Don't keep dogs and cats someone else will have to take care of them when you die?

Excuse me while I take a break from writing this because of a great emotional surge. *Laugh* *Rolling* *Laugh* *Rolling*
Well I hope I got that out of my system for a minute. Nope. Still there *Laugh* K told me this week that one of my cousins came up to him and told him to get me some help. He did not say what kind. OH! surprise he says mental help. *Laugh* *Rolling*

If I get a disease that's incurable it will cause my body to shut down. I will die. If I die someone else will eventually live here. If K and I are both gone our possessions will be sold, given away, junked or burned. because of that, I go through a period every 3 to 5 years when I take an inventory and remove any unimportant possessions.

The people I know well won't forget me. People who refuse to know the real me won't forget me. My children and grandchildren won't forget me. But, gradually they will move on to death and the great grandchildren will have new people to think about. Do I care, of course, but I will be dead I won't be here to influence who ever survives me and takes over the land or even my possessions.

As for my writing? WDC sends me postcards sometimes. I have them all lined up by my desk. One of them says, "I Write, not because I choose to but because I have to." This is my time to write. I used to crochet and knit but that drives me crazy now. I can't stand an awful lot of the TV programming. Since Trump, I am even Leary of the news. This is my time to write so I write. My advice is if you don't like it, don't read it--If you have comments I love all your comments, no comment is too bold, I've probably heard or read worse. If some of my writing survives I hope it brings enlightenment to some soul.

Fairy playing a flute

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906152-Life-is-Better-When-You-Write-A-WDC-Quote