*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906278-March-8-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#906278 added March 8, 2017 at 5:53am
Restrictions: None
March 8, 2017
"March 8, 2017

This is an image for my writing class.

Active sentences

1). Tom is riding the motorcycle.
2). Tracy is doing her homework.
3). The children are playing in the snow.
4). A train is going by my house.
5). The pilot is steering the boat.

Passive sentences

1). The motorcycle is being rode by John.
2). The children are being worn out by playing.
3). The train is operated by an engineer.
4. The boat is steered by a pilot.
5.). Homework is being done by Tracy.

** Image ID #2109513 Unavailable **

Jesus as a man had a servant's heart. We know from the scriptures that during His ministry He spent most of His time serving in one way or the other. He healed many people of various diseases and He forgave any who came to Him. If ever anybody had a servant's heart it was Jesus. The biggest service He offered of course was when. He offered Himself on the cross for the sin of the world. As we enter Lent I want us to focus on not only what we are willing to give up but what we are willing to give. Lent is a time when we follow Jesus' during the last 40 days of His journey to the cross. For most Christians it is a time of sacrifice. We decide what we are going t give up and we give it up for the 40 days of Lent. However I challenge you to go a little farther. Jesus didn't just sacrifice during the last forty days of His life. His entire life was a sacrifice. After all He gave up the glory of Heaven to spend 30 years on Earth working as a carpenter with Joseph. We don't absolutely know that but it seems a pretty safe assumption. After all Joseph was his adoptive father and it was customary for fathers to train their sons the father's craft.So we assume that Jesus spent 30 years sweating it out in a carpenter's shop and then spent an additional three years preaching before being cruelly put to a willing death on the cross. I Corinthians 2:9 says that eye has not seen nor ear heard the things that God has prepared for those who love Him. It must really be terrific to be more wonderful than some of God's creations on Earth. Yet Jesus was willing to leave all of that to live among man for 33 years, knowing how His life was going to end. That is a true servant's heart and it is such a heart that Jesus wants us all to have. We aren't servants for the Christmas holidays and Lent only but we are servants every day of our lives.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards




© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906278-March-8-2017