*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907105-Truth-and-Possibility
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#907105 added March 18, 2017 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Truth and Possibility
Creation Saturday! A boss, teacher, supervisor, parent, or spiritual adviser approaches you and says "Nothing is true and everything is possible." What's your response/reaction?

spring butterflys


I've heard this part before, "There is no truth." Truth has to be founded on fact. Facts change. For instance if someone once said, "The earth is flat and if you travel far enough you will fall off the edge." At one time people believed this little fact. A person may have even had a friend that set out to find the edge and never returned. Did his friend fall over the edge? Well that person being overcome with some fright probably did not set out to find the friend who disappeared. Maybe the person just preferred to believe the friend fell off the edge of the flat earth. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/ *Laugh* Seriously, the earth is not flat or round. Did you guess this? If you recently told some child the earth is round you may not have told the truth.

Lots of facts have changed throughout history. Science has blown holes in a lot of theory. What about the little person without a lot of knowledge. Truth for that person is what he experiences.

Farmers relied on the weather and they knew when to plant and when to harvest. That kind of truth is easier than whether The settlers all died off {link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony} at the Roanoke Colony. Archeologists are looking for the truth in this situations. Clues are a way to find the truth.

So sometimes you think you know the truth but you did not check all the known knowledge. This can put a damper on your next PTA meeting discussion.

I've also heard that everything is possible. Once again, the word everything depends on circumstances. If you send a strong box filled with gold, off on a stage, to Dodge City in Kansas. You think it is possible for the stage to reach the Dodge Bank within a proper amount of time, but if a band of bandits rob the stage it will not be possible for the gold to reach the bank, unless one of the bandits takes his share into Dodge and deposits it into his bank account there. I guess it is still possible but the possibility is interrupted by circumstances.

I read an article on Channel 64.com about pockets of water shaped like ladders, weaving throughout the neurons in the brain, that cause conscious thought. I'll be the first to tell you that I did not understand all the science behind this find?(maybe I did not even understand this much properly) When I tried to explain it to Keith he said, "Water on the brain. Huh?" *Laugh*

So, "Nothing is true and everything is possible" are pushed by circumstance, knowledge and facts. And, I did not forget the comma behind knowledge. Journalism teaches students to omit this comma as an unnecessary punctuation. Sometimes, I use the comma before and sometimes I don't. Confusion reigns.

*PartyHatBl* See what thought did for me today? *Laugh*















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907105-Truth-and-Possibility