*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907730-Music-Lives-In-the-Moment
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#907730 added March 27, 2017 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Music Lives In the Moment
03/27/17
Motivational Monday!
Jazz singer Sarah Vaughan , born on this day in 1924, once said, "When I sing, trouble can sit right on my shoulder and I don't even notice." What affect does writing have for you when trouble sits on your shoulder?

Manx Cat from Japan


Trouble has been sitting on my shoulder since I was born. I can sit and stare out the window and trouble happens. It often happens when someone else suggests I do something I wasn't thinking of doing.

I was writing and watching out my window Saturday. K was surfing. He found a dog on Craig's List.
It was a nice dog that needed re homed. He convinced me I should call the number which seems to have turned out to be some kind of scam. I figure he was just trying to help trouble along a little.

When I’m writing, I try to have presence of mind. I try to keep a perspective. It’s easier to know what reality is presenting itself, when you are living in the now moment. Mindfulness is the ability to train your brain to live in the moment. I did not start mindfulness until late in my life. Sometime in my 40’s. I started with Yoga. It teaches special breathing techniques which I needed. Then the yoga exercises and how to use them daily were a help. Since, I’ve had at least two times in life when I was pushed to the over stressed limit.

Writing is easier than jumping horses over fences. But, horses have a calming affect on riders as well. Riding horses is a strenuous sport. One rider told me he did not know a real rider that wasn’t tired most of the time. Tired people live in the moment.*Writing*

People have multiple abilities. Aggressive people like to push their way into the lives of the meek. They make suggestions or try to influence weaker personalities to live by their concepts of life. If you aren’t careful you will find yourself bedeviled by some life force that wasn’t your own idea. Living in the moment is a great defense against personality destruction.

As for Sarah Vaughan, she was living Jazz music in the 20’s. Trouble was probably always looking for a way to run her life. Music can be a good influence or a bad influence. It can be used for motivation or intoxication. Musical people need to run music not let music run them. Some of these suggestions only make sense as a person ages. Trouble sits on the shoulder of every youngster. As every parent knows.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907730-Music-Lives-In-the-Moment