*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908742-In-Albuquerque-He-Aint-Heavy-Hes-My-Brother
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#908742 added April 14, 2017 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
In Albuquerque, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother....
Locale:  Albuquerque, New Mexico

         The entry is not about me, or where I've traveled to.  It's about someone else.  Terry Dorrell.  More specifically, Terry Lee Dorrell, born January 9th, 1960, in Mobile Alabama.  My youngest brother, and the only living relative from our immediate family.  Sure we both have grandchildren.  But our parents are both deceased, as are our sister, and other brother.


         My brother has bladder cancer.  I don't know how far it has progressed, if it has spread and is uncurable, or what.  One day his wife forced him to go to the hospital, she almost had to drag him there.  His body had turned an awful shade of yellow, his legs and torso starting to bloat a little.  Turns out there was a mass in his bladder.  A fairly large mass, large enough to block the tubes from his Kidneys to his bladder.  Urine was building up in his body, and was the cause of his bloating/color.  They operated the next day to remove the mass, but couldn't get it all for some reason.  He is now on Chemo-Therapy and Radiation Treatments.


         I am here to visit him, be a brother, and let him know that yes, I do love him.  I can't be here long, work doesn't permit it.  I'm not sure when, or if, I'll see him again, so this trip is special to me.


         He's lost a lot of weight, looks to be less than 130 pounds right now.  He also looks older than me, but is six years younger.  I will not ask for prayers, I feel that would be a bit hypocritical of me since I don't attend church.  But if you have a moment, think of him, tell him hello in your thoughts, to let him know you're thinking of him.  If he can't hear you, maybe I can... Thanks.


UPDATE:

         I thought I'd show you two photos.  My brother Terry (age 49) & I, November 2009.  We both look healthy, and middle-aged.


** Image ID #2118556 Unavailable **



         My brother Terry, April 2016 (age 57), suffering from Bladder Cancer.  To me, he seems to have aged 20 years since I last saw him.  And, he's lost an awful lot of weight.

** Image ID #2118557 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908742-In-Albuquerque-He-Aint-Heavy-Hes-My-Brother