*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910197-Foolin-Around-in-Fort-Wayne
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#910197 added July 2, 2017 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
Foolin' Around in Fort Wayne
Date: Week of April 24th

Locale:  Fort Wayne, Indiana

         This week finds me in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I one time, Fort Wayne was the home of the most restaurants per capita in the United States.  I can believe, after seeing the number of good places to dine this week.

         I was here exactly 3 years ago, plus 10 days, same customer.  This class is a different one than the first, but I have many of the same students.  It's always nice to return to a place you've been, and be welcomed by the students.  *Smile*  Class went well, and even ended early at their request due to a workload forced on them by outside circumstances.  This doesn't mean they didn't get a complete class, far from it.  A lot of what this course teaches, they already knew, so you could call that part a review of sorts. 


Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         Old Fort  https://oldfortwayne.org/

         Fort Wayne is named for Anthony Wayne, often referred to as Mad Anthony Wayne.  He was a leader of a militia from Pennsylvania during the American Revolutoin, and a key figure during the Northwest Indian wars of early 17th century.  I recall reading a book in the early 1990's called 'The Frontiersman' (the life of Simon Kenton from the same time period), and that's where I remember Anthony Wayne from.  The Old Fort was built by Wayne's men in 1795.

Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Bourbon Street Hideaway          http://www.bourbonstreethideaway.com/          This restaurant is in the basement of a building in downtown Fort Wayne.  I was there three years ago, and had to go back again!  It's only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but the food is excellent!  This time, I had fried catfish smothered in Crawfish Etouffee. 


         Oyster Bar Restaurant          http://www.fwoysterbar.com/          I felt the call of Oysters Rockefeller, so thought I'd visit this place.  Very good food, but I settled for a Caeser Salad and Firecracker  Shrimp Appetizer because the Oysters were so big!


         Til next time, enjoy the spring!  Right now it's April 30th, and I'm off to Schaumburg Illinois for the next two weeks before going to Westfield Massachusetts in the middle of May.  Til next time....

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910197-Foolin-Around-in-Fort-Wayne