*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910190-Good-stuff-from-the-WdC-newsletters
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#910190 added April 30, 2017 at 8:41pm
Restrictions: None
Good stuff from the WdC newsletters.
I found a few helpful tools from some of the WdC newsletters. The Short stories one was talking about using setting to create characters, plot, and action. The editor put it as “interrogating the setting.” Take the setting of a castle and the characters: Who built the castle? Where did they originally come from? What do they do on the castle? How long have they lived in the castle? Do they like living there? Are there enemies that attack the people in the castle? What do they do in the castle? What does the castle look like? How many people live there? Do they get along? This had to do with writer’s block and as is obvious, it works.
The fantasy letter addressed writing from nostalgic, childhood memories. The editor touched on a sentimental subject. He brought up Doug, Rugrats and Hey Arnold. That was when Nickelodeon was really in business. It was also about old Saturday morning and weekday cartoons. I miss the Fox cartoons like X-Men, Bobby’s world, Eek the Cat and Spiderman. I never really written from them but I do recall some dreams I had when I was young that hold influence.
The Drama newsletter talked about barrowing traits to make a character of your own. The editor explained how it is not cheating. I’ve never found people watching a good place for plot inspiration. But using the method for charterers is possible for me.
The action/adventure newsletter addressed the idea of a boring life and a lack of interesting things in one’s existence. The letter highlighted all the fun things that pass us by all the time.
There was a guest editor for the comedy letter. It took up the issue of demeaning, offensive humor. He used the holocaust and Nazis as an example. Something like this should never be joked about. Ethnic and religious jokes was touched on too.
My friend Dan was rude to me last night. After a very brief texting period, he just snubbed me said “See you later.” Does this sound rude to anyone reading this or is it just me? I am sensitive sometimes. I am like this with reviews I get.
I’ve really improved my story The Heat of Zealous. I have taken care most of the things pointed out by Tobber. I learned a thing or two from her review-things like showing emotion, turning exposition into scenes and general sentence level as well as grammar.
Well, I have to go to the store for dinner. Goodbye and goodnight.

© Copyright 2017 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910190-Good-stuff-from-the-WdC-newsletters