*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911146-Imagination-Running-Wild
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#911146 added May 15, 2017 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
Imagination Running Wild
Motivational Monday! Author L. Frank Baum , born on this day back in 1856, once said (regarding his youthful audience's expanding imaginations): "Imagination has brought mankind through the Dark Ages to its present state of civilization...I believe that dreams- day dreams, you know, with your eyes wide open and your brain machinery whizzing- are likely to lead to the betterment of the world." Are you a writer who is shaped by imagination and daydreaming in order to creates, or are you more like someone whose imagination first needs stimulating through the creations of others?

Fairy playing a flute

Is there anything new under the sun? What is imagination?

quote: noun
noun: imagination; plural noun: imaginations
the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses.
Reference:https://www.google.com/search?q=define+imagination&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8


I get ideas, they form when I'm busy doing some type of work. Then, I might use a setting I'm familiar with for some reason. I created a setting for a library in a story I am writing at home. I had as much fun creating the form of the library in a drawing as I did writing the story. (it isn't finished and it isn't online.) I've never been in a library that is particularly arranged like the one I drew.

I have a background in horses so when I write about the Adventures of Bea, Meagan and Neil I write about things I know but the stable environment is made up. the adventure is not one I ever experienced. I do struggle with character descriptions sometimes because I have known a lot of people in my time on the earth so I don't want my characters to necessarily conform to someone I might have known. Plus, there are only so many character descriptions to draw on in life: fair, dark, brown, blue eyes, female, male, this is why most books published contain the statement: The characters or facts in this story are fictitious. Resemblance to people or facts are coincidental. I'm reminded of the saying: There is nothing new under the sun."

My chanters are usually involved in action long before I figure out how they look. then I go back and put in descriptions.

When watching a movie or reading a book the scenes make me wonder where these authors got their ideas? Just yesterday our family went to see the second "Guardians of the Universe" ( I never watched the first one yet.) It was so funny. I can't help but wonder if one of the writers had a run in with a raccoon sometime in life.

I think everyone uses imagination in their life. Whether they read or not. Recently, a statement in the news said, "We are in a new machine age." The broadcaster was talking about how technology is bounding along. It seems that new ideas pop up constantly driving us further and further into a new and easier way of life. We cannot possibly keep up financially with new products. Even as I work on my own stories, blogs, fiction or news I have a naggy little voice who says, "what for there is so much out there now". One year I read 60 books or more. I ignore it and write on.



Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !









© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911146-Imagination-Running-Wild