*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911602-Carl-Learns-the-Keys-to-Life-Part-1
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#911602 added May 24, 2017 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Carl Learns the Keys to Life, Part 1
Many folks on Writing.Com know me a lover of structured poetry, but as inspiration lends itself to my heart and to my mind this year, I hope to write more and more fiction stories.

Today's blog post highlights one of those.

I am, also, a piano player, who is asked from time to time to teach the piano to children of my dear friends. I'm not a professional piano teacher, and I rarely make any money pursuing this quest. However, I consider it to be a worthy investment of my gifts and talents into the lives of the generations that will succeed me.

The story,
 
STATIC
Carl Learns the Keys to Life, Part 1  (E)
Some rare students take to the piano with ease. The rest of us have labor to understand.
#2122526 by Jay O'Toole
is written in a slightly earlier English because I am greatly influenced in my style of prose by the wording of C.S. Lewis & J.R.R. Tolkien as well as Hannah Hurnard in her earliest work. In some ways the wording might seem a bit "campy," if you were not aware of my influences.

Part 1 of this story is a description of the Bass Clef, especially as it relates to reading piano music,

If you like this story approach for students, who are visual learners just like I am, then constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

In advance, thank you very much for your help!


by Jay O'Toole
on May 23rd, 2017


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911602-Carl-Learns-the-Keys-to-Life-Part-1