*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916918-Smiling-in-Sheboygan
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#916918 added August 6, 2017 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
Smiling in Sheboygan
Date: Week of July 31th

Locale:  Sheboygan, Wisconsin

         There are few places I travel to and immediately fall in love with the locale, but I did this week.  Sheboygan is a beautiful town in Wisconsin, about 60 miles north of Milwaukee along Lake Michigan.  It is 'small town' America, with a band playing in a park one night, summer festivals almost every week.  The annual Johnsonville Brat festival started Thursday evening, but it was pouring rain, so I thought I'd go Friday once class was done.  Class normally ends by 11 on Fridays, so I'd have plenty of time, I thought.  There was just one small problem.  It is a five hour drive to my home in Central Illinois, I wanted to be home by 6 pm, and the festival didn't start until 4 pm Friday.  *Frown*  Needless to say, I didn't get to partake in the festivities.

         Sheboygan is home to the largest flagpole and flag in the United States.  The flagpole itself is over 400 ft tall (taller than the Statue of Liberty), and the flag is massive.  Each star is about 3 feet high, each stripe almost 5 feet in width!  Those are not small bushes or trees, those are fully grown trees!





         This was an interesting class, mainly because I only had two students.  Usually that means we have one student or another called out to attend to things during the class, but that didn't happen this week.  Everything flowed smoothly though, in fact I was a little surprised at how smoothly it did flow!

         As I mentioned, Sheboygan is a beautiful town.  If you enjoy the night life, you might not want to visit there.  If you enjoy the 'small town America' feel of things, enjoy some good old fashioned relaxation, then this is the place for you.  The waterfront is very nice, they've done a good job maintaining and improving it.





Noteworthy Restaurants:



         Pier 17          https://www.pier17sheb.com/          This is right on the water, about 500 yards from the lake front.  It was warm out, but not hot or humid.  I had the chance to sit outside, and did so.  Really enjoyed seeing a few boats pass back and forth as I enjoyed dinner.  I really liked the Cordon Bleu Bites appetizer, and the Pan Seared Walleye.  To top it off for myself, I had a nice Tennessee Mule (Moscow Mule made with Jack Daniels).


         For once, I'm home next week, get to work from home.  I intend to get some much needed rest, and learn to relax a little.  After that, Woodbridge, New Jersey, followed by Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.


Review Sig for use



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916918-Smiling-in-Sheboygan