*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918417-Wandering-Through-Woodbridge
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#918417 added August 30, 2017 at 7:15am
Restrictions: None
Wandering Through Woodbridge
Date: Week of August 21st

Locale:  Woodbridge, New Jersey

         Here I am again, in the vicinity of the 'Big Apple'.  Woodbridge sits about 10 miles south of Newark, and 3 miles west of New York City.  I should get used to being in this area, because I will be back here for four weeks in the next two months.


         I've been to New Jersey many times, especially around the Newark/NYC area, but this has to be one of the toughest classes I've had to deliver.  It wasn't because I didn't know the material, I've delivered this class numerous times.  I only had two students, and they were great.  Nice people who welcomed any knowledge they could get.  However, they take care of the entire New Jersey Turnpike as far as the radio system goes.  Not only that, they also are responsible for basically anything electronic in the system.  Think toll booth cameras, cameras along the Turnpike, tollbooth's themselves, fire suppression systems, etc.  Any small problem, and they are called.  So the class this week was continually interrupted with one, or both of them being called out.  There were other issues too, but I won't mention them here.  Let's just say it was a tough class.  I will be back here again, at their request, to deliver this class a second time, during a slower period,  At least we hope it's slower....


         I didn't take any photo's this week <gasp!>, mainly because I have many already from this area.  I plan on taking hundreds during my first class for NYC Transit, because I will have a weekend to spend here.  {:e:smile}


Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Kona Grill          konagrill.com          There is no shortage of restaurants around here, I think you all know that.  Hundreds of 'Mom and Pop' places, the kinds of places I love to frequent.  While this is not a 'Mom and Pop' place, it serves the kind of food I love.  Sushi, Tuna/Salmon Poke, and many other seafood dishes.  I didn't try a burger there, or any other traditional American dish,.  I stuck with the Sushi type meals.  Their Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wrap was spicy, but not too bad.  I loved their Tuna/Salmon Poke, and Tuna Tower though.  Yummy!


         With the start of this week, my travel ramps up.  I will be in Saskatchewan, Canada next week, head to NYC a week early for the first class (more on that in my next blog post), then back to Saskatchewan.  After that, it will be NYC, Chicago, NYC, Chicago, and NYC, Chicago, then back to here....  Like all of you, so much to do, so little time.  *Laugh* 
  Til next time, stay cool, warm, comfortable, and healthy.  Live, Love, and Laugh.  Most of all, WRITE!

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918417-Wandering-Through-Woodbridge