*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921099-Cheerfulness
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#921099 added September 29, 2017 at 3:14am
Restrictions: None
Cheerfulness
Cheerfulness Lifts Your Consciousness to a Higher Realm:

Years ago Master said to me; "You must always be joyous, for that is the very nature of your Self." Up to that time I was so serious-minded, so eager to get to God that I was wearing myself out with my serious-mindedness! But his counsel to me was, "No, you must be cheerful." Every morning when you awaken, you should resolve; "Today I am going to be cheerful. No matter what happens, I will be cheerful."

That was an excellent bit of philosophy he taught me! Put it into practice, and you will see how marvelous it is. It gradually brings out of you that positive thinking which is your real nature, that joyousness which is your real nature, that unshakable faith and security which come when you know your real nature. By striving to express those qualities even when you do not feel like it, you learn to live in a higher reality beyond the constantly changing ups and downs of this dream world.

Yesterday I said to someone who was having difficulty improving himself; "Assume a virtue, if you have it not."
"But Ma," he replied, "I don't want to fool myself."
"You are fooling yourself now," I told him, "because you don't know that your real nature is cheerfulness, positive thinking, joy, wisdom, love. Now you are just living in an egoistic dream-a dream of mortal imperfections and limitations."

How tenaciously one clings to the little self-imposed dream identity. Some persons are moody, some are angry, some have violent tempers, some are mentally lazy. Like a crust of mud, these cover the divine consciousness. In one sense, each of us has to make our own particular way to God, and our way is no one else's. What one must throw off in order to express soulful qualities, another may not be afflicted with. Each one has his own personal collection of delusions, which holds him away from God.

What is the use of living in a world of make-believe? What is the use of continuing to indulge in discouragement or moods or resentment-all the self-centered emotions and feelings we surrender to every day? What is the use of waking up in the morning feeling bored or hopeless; "Another day; I can't face it!" Discipline yourself out of these negative human ways of behavior; substitute the positive divine ways that express your real Self.

Master used to say, "Remember, happiness comes by living each moment, among all the struggles and problems of life, with an attitude of unshakable inner happiness, and not by helplessly seeking a happiness that is always just out of sight around a corner. Happiness depends chiefly upon the inner conditions created by one's own mind."

How true this is. If it were not so, I would be miserable! There are so many things I could worry about in connection with Master's worldwide work. Just when I think one matter is solved, another one comes up; and when I think that one is taken care of, along comes another! By Master's grace, I can keep my mind in that wonderful state of consciousness; This is God's dream. It is not a static, uninteresting dream, but one filled with challenges. When things get difficult, I keep on; I do not give up. I will play the part, the part in this dream drama that He wants me to. But mentally I let go. My whole mind and brain become completely relaxed in the remembrance that I am just a projection of God's thought, a part of that Blissful Dreamer. It is not an indifference, but rather a great wave of peace and inner strength that enables me to carry on all the duties He sends my way. It makes life a joy rather than a burden

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921099-Cheerfulness