*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936664-June-21-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#936664 added June 21, 2018 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
June 21, 2018
"June 21, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsPrompt: "Summer Solstice or Winter Solstice... depending on where you live. What traditions are you aware of for either the summer or winter? Do you partake in any personally? If you want to create a poem or story about either."

I am a Christian and do not engage in any solstice activities as these are pagan in origin. However there is a spring solstice trick that I like to do with children. I find out what the exact time of the solstice is for my time zone. There is one minute out of the day when the earth is in perfect balance because it is standing straight up and down on its axis as it circles the sun. For that one minute everything is balanced. A witch told me to stand a raw egg on its large end and it would stand that way for about 30 seconds before falling over. I do this trick to watch the expression on children's faces. They think it is magic that causes the egg to stand. It's actually physics but the effect is the same.


Blog City image small "Prompt: Write a Blog entry about a Hope Chest.

I've never owned a hope chest so I really have no stories about one. However I do have a treasure chest that I love to share about. My treasure chest is Go's word, commonly referred to by it's title Holy Bible. It tells the story of my life as I was in a fallen condition and Jesus Christ came along and rescued me. Without Him I would have gone to Hell and had absolutely no hope. Since He entered my life I have joy. The Bible tells us that Jesus came for one reason. He came to give man joy through salvation. He willl give this joy to any who will believe in His name. I will be the first to admit that my intellect still does not believe in Jesus. My intellect would have me believe that the Bible is a collection of writings that were put together excluding anything that contradicted the common theme.However my heart knows better. My heart knows that Jesus is exactly whom He claimed to be: the Son of the Living God. I choose to believe my heart despite the fancy tales my mind can derive.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936664-June-21-2018