*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940976
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1552396
Who is ruwth?
#940976 added March 9, 2022 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Best Birthday
My best birthday present was given to me on my 65th birthday. I had decided to spend the day alone with God. I awakened that day with a pervading sense of peace and contentment. It was as though it was God's gift to me that day.

This gift extended beyond my birthday. The wonderful sense of peace lasted undisturbed for over a month.

Then a family situation ruffled it. However, I was able to realize I could still have that peace in spite of the stuff going on around me. I was able to effectively step back into "the peace that passes understanding".

I did feel a twinge of guilt for feeling peace in spite of everything but I quickly realized it would not help anyone for me to be fretful instead of peaceful.

In fact, just the opposite is true. Being at peace is the best place to be. It is the place of trusting God in the midst of the storms of life.

My best birthday present has lasted til this day. I will do my best to hold onto it for the rest of my life!

------- ruwth


~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~



This entry was originally created on : Sep 7, 2018 at 8:29am.

© Copyright 2022 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940976