*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943055-Anxiety-and-A-Prayer-for-Humanity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#943055 added October 9, 2018 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Anxiety and A Prayer for Humanity
Fiḍál (Grace), 13 Mashíyyat (Will) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, October 9, 2018

"Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."
Baha'u'llah1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1758
What makes you anxious? When can anxiety become a dilemma? And can anxiety be considered a good thing in some instances?

Anxiety

What makes me anxious? Nothing much anymore. I become less and less anxious about everything as I grow wiser and place every situation in God's hands. There are still certain things that cause me some anxiety, such as filling out forms. I don't like to fill out forms because some of the questions aren't clear or rather as clear as I'd like them to be. In addition, I'm a baby boomer and, I don't necessarily trust the government. This comes from things, I know, the government did when I was a child. One of the things I know that was encouraged and they did, was to sterilize people born with mental disabilities; this happened to a neighbor girl in Blackwell, Oklahoma.


When can anxiety become a dilemma? When it becomes an anxiety attack. I've had several of these in the past. Most of them occurred right after my mother died, so I think they might have had something to do with the grieving process. The only one that wasn't brought on by the grieving process, was instigated when I missed one of my meds. My solution for anxiety attacks is to slow my breather by repeating or reading a prayer aloud. After that I focus on something that calms me, usually a photo with trees and flowers in it.

Can anxiety be considered a good thing in some instances? Anxiety is good when it causes a person to take action. The action can be anything that helps ones fellow human beings. Exercise it good, but it only helps the individual, while writing a letter, calling an elected official about an injustice, or taking food or clothing to a neighbor or someone else in need helps humanity. We need to focus on the needs of this era of civilization rather than ourselves.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2151
Use these words in your blog entry: peacebuilding, beauty, car, watch, radiance, brightness, splendour, effulgence, illumination.

A Prayer for Humanity

O Thou, Beauty of the Almighty
rain Your radiance
upon those engaged in peacebuilding.

O Thou, Splendour of the All-Knowing
watch over and protect
those shining the illumination
of justice across the Earth.

O Thou, Effulgence of the All-Wise
shed the brightness
of your blessings
upon those steering
the car of unity
across the planet.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings From the Writings of Baha'u'llah, CVI.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943055-Anxiety-and-A-Prayer-for-Humanity