*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943252-striking-example
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#943252 added October 12, 2018 at 12:49am
Restrictions: None
striking example
Ma throws light on every problem from various angles. Here is a striking example......

Q- Suppose I have business dealings with someone and he cheats me by not giving my money’s worth. It is right to go to court or should I shrug my shoulders and keep quiet?

Ma- Some feel: If I do not give this person a lesson, he will go on cheating and become worse, and so they go to court.
But there is another way of looking at it: Who is it that has cheated me? Are not all forms, all beings manifestations of Him? What I have been deprived of was evidently not my due, it is God who has taken it from me.
There is a third way of dealing with the culprit, illustrated by the following story: A thief broke into the hut of a sadhu and stole whatever he could find. As he was escaping with his loot, the sadhu returned home. From a distance he saw the burglar with the load on his head. He quickly followed him shouting: Wait a moment, brother, there are a few more things that you might want. Would you not like this, and that, and this as well? The thief was so overcome by the astounding way the sadhu reacted that he fell at his feet, left off stealing and became a sadhu himself.
There is a fourth way of looking at the problem: Is it my business to punish the evil doer? Listen to another story:
One day an ardent bhakta of Shri Krishna was walking absorbed in the contemplation of his Beloved, completely oblivious of his surroundings.
Without noticing it, he stepped right on some newly washed clothes that had been spread out on the ground to dry by a washerman. “Have you no eyes?” shouted furiously the washerman whose work had been spoiled.

Getting hold of a stick he was about to beat the bhakta.

At that moment Shri Krishna was having food with Rukmini.

All of a sudden he jumped up, and without explanation, hurried away returning after a short while.

“ My Lord,” questioned Rukmini, “Why did you leave so suddenly in the middle of your meal and how is it you have come back so speedily?”
Shri Krishna replied: “A very dear bhakta of mine was in danger of being beaten with a stick, so I hastened to his rescue. But when I saw that he had picked up a stone, ready to throw at his adversary, I returned here without delay. Since he was protecting himself, there was no need for me to intervene.”

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943252-striking-example