*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955284-What-I-Carry
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#955284 added March 29, 2019 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
What I Carry
Prompt: "I kept always two books in my pocket, one to read, one to write in." --Robert Louis Stevenson

As writers, our craft is always with us. What do you carry? Me, I always have a notebook and a couple of pencils with me And fortunately with modern technology, Kindle on my phone when I'm stuck longer than I anticipated. I also take tones of pictures for later writing stimulation.


====

I am more of a reader than a writer, although I write quite a bit. Way back when, I used to carry a print book, and later, an e-reader in my bag.

Now that I can read on my cell, the e-readers have been demoted to several places in the house with my favorite one taking on the night duty. This is because I am usually reading several books at the same general time, but I pick books with varying genres and settings and alternate fiction and non-fiction of different subjects since I don’t want to mix up the characters, plots, and information with one another.

As to writing, Robert L Stevenson must have been more organized than me for I carry in my purse several pens and loose papers, actually scraps, and a couple of tiny pads that charities hand out. I also take notes on my cell or the e-readers. It would be better practice if I were to write my notes in one notebook or keep them in just one place.

I tried to carry a notebook with me but it was too bulky for my purse. That’s when I got used to cut-up papers. Now, I am so conditioned to them that I even use them when I am at home. Still, I do have half-filled notebooks, hordes of them, because I like free-flow.

Fact is, I tried to wean myself off those pieces of paper, but it didn’t go very well because a pen and those folded cut-ups in my shirt pocket are very handy and they feel like family.




© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955284-What-I-Carry