*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961633-Jolenes-Revenge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2175490
Flash fiction stories...
#961633 added June 27, 2019 at 3:15pm
Restrictions: None
Jolene's Revenge
Jolene watched with a sour stomach as Tom drove off in his sedan with her best friend, Poe, the long-haired cocker spaniel.

“You haven’t heard the last of this!” she screamed, but he was out of earshot and out of her life.

She punched the screen door in frustration as she stomped inside and slammed the door. What a jerk! He had no right to take Poe. He never liked the hyper dog.

Sure, she’d kept a secret from him, but would he have dated her had he known that she’d contracted herpes three years ago from a cheating ex-fiance? Most certainly not. She and Tom hadn’t even slept together yet, so Jolene figured she had time. Tom threw around accusations that she never planned to tell him, and then took the dog.

She suppressed a wave of sobs and called her step-brother. He’d know exactly what to do about Tom. He’d helped her before. Of course, his help came with a price. A sordid, slimy price.

Jolene shivered at the memory of the last time Richey helped her. She’d get through it, and at least she’d get her dog back.

She made the call and sighed. All she had to do was wait.

When the knock came, she struggled between feelings of excitement and disgust. As long as Richey had the dog, everything else would prove insignificant.

She answered quickly and squealed with delight when Poe rushed into the living room. She reluctantly invited Richey in and shut the door.

After the first round of “love,” he presented her with cell phone pictures of how he’d made Tom suffer.

After the second time, Jolene smiled because she had a secret. She hoped Richey enjoyed the gift.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

290 Words

© Copyright 2019 IceSkatingSugarCube (UN: jwhitedesigns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IceSkatingSugarCube has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961633-Jolenes-Revenge