*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992091-Visit-from-an-Alien
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#992091 added September 1, 2020 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Visit from an Alien
The day on the porch was a bit warmer. And windy, a red flag warning was up today for fire danger. The late summer, Indian summer we used to call it, weather is back.

On the way to Musselshell tonight for play practice I saw: mule deer, antelope, at least 24 pheasant, wading birds in the wetlands, perhaps they were either heron or cranes? I was driving and in a hurry so not sure on those. I kept hoping to see elk, but never saw any of the larger mammals. And then on the way home as the sun set, I scared a mule deer doe and fawn. Thanks be to God nothing else, because hitting a large mammal on the road at 60 MPH is always a car damaging event. So I had to write this before I forgot.

Now, on to the events of the day. The egg lady came today, dropped off her usual two dozen eggs and chatted awhile. She always frets and complains about life and husband in particular. I let her rant and rave, then I count my blessings that I don't have her problems. After she left I had another visitor. A friend that used to live next door called yesterday and asked if she could come and get a manual for her new washer printed from the internet. Why she could not do this baffles us, but sure! We can do this for you. She claims she is too 'electric' and interferes with all electronic machines. Well, whatever. I did this for her. Then she stayed awhile and chatted. Now this person could be a character in a sci/fi novel. She claims she is an alien, is waiting for the mother ship to come get her, and says I am also an alien since I understand her. Well, I don't know about that. I do know I don't think like others, and sometimes growing up wished I had a different family, but that is pretty normal for most kids. But I digress. So she claims she knows why the Corona virus has not killed as many as they thought it would. It is because she, along with others she works with, has absorbed the poison. She runs interference in this way in the world. It is her assignment and one she takes seriously. OKAY.......Well, I have to say today she did look like an alien. She came at noon. She didn't have her false teeth in, so she was kind of snaggle toothed. She didn't have her hair combed, it was in little bitty scruffy pony tails under a prairie bonnet. She didn't wear a bra, which is not unusual for her, but I wished she would. She didn't look like she was well put together at all. But then, who am I to judge? Maybe this is normal for her planet. *QuestionY* *AlienG*

Hubby was not home as I entertained the ladies. He went to a friend's and ended up driving to a farm *Cow* , riding on a 4-wheeler, driving a truck for the friend to the friend's home without his glasses *Glasses* and then coming home late for lunch. He missed all the fun. But wait, I think he had all the fun!

So it was busy and crazy and fun.........when did I ever have time to work a real job?





© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992091-Visit-from-an-Alien