*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992734-A-Chilly-Night
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#992734 added September 8, 2020 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
A Chilly Night
I have the heater on tonight. I put an extra blanket on the bed tonight. It is Labor Day. It is also 40 degrees outside with rain. What in the world?

Is it just me or is this whole cockeyed world just gone haywire this year? Ice and snow at a time when we usually have a picnic outside? Hmmm.....
Well perhaps this cold snap will kill the nemesis I've been battling this summer - grasshoppers. *Grasshopper* *Grasshopper* *Grasshopper* These little devils have devoured too much of my yard, my bushes, my garden, and my flowers. Let them die a miserable cold death. Serves them right.

The Bobcat fire *Fire* seems to be winding down. People are able to go back to what is left of their property today. I feel sorry for those that lost homes and pasture and outbuildings. It was quite dramatic there for a time. As I checked the web for updates, inciweb.nwcg.gov is a good resource. I see the fire is over 29,000 acres, 0% contained and 350 personnel deployed. Amazing. And this is just one of many fires in Montana right now. So it is good for the rain *Rain* and snow *Snow5* we are having all day today to help the firefighters.

Today was a lazy day. We puttered around, doing really nothing. I went to church, as usual. But no radio today. We instead went to the thrift store and volunteered. It was an easy volunteer day since the store was closed. We got to rearrange some space in the storage area and stay longer than usual.

So tomorrow I go for the first time to a new massage therapist in town. She just opened her space last month. I am so excited for this. I have old injuries from car accidents and hiking incidents that massage has helped in the past. We'll see how this person helps.

Keep warm everyone. It is a chilly night here in the hinterlands. North of the 45th parallel - North of the halfway point between the equator and North Pole. Yep, I'm that far North.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992734-A-Chilly-Night